I need help with video FROM Fanvil i10v

I have a stable freepbx setup, up to date and running in a VM with three cisco CP-8941’s all sending voice and video + a bria softphone which also works with voice and video.

I recently thought i might add a doorbell and bought a Fanvil i10V, it works no issue with voice, i can call it from the desk phones or the bria and i can see video, the video is streaming from the i10V as i can open the stream in VLC but when the i10V calls my CP8941 deskphone I just get audio and no video, when it calls the bria phone i get video and audio.

I have updated the firmware on the i10V to the latest version and the FreePBX is up-to date on “FreePBX 16.0.19”. Everything will talk to everything but the only leg that does not work is the i10V to the hardphone which is the most important item as the computer is not always on.

If it is possible, I need troubleshooting help as i am not 100% competent on Asterisk and tend to learn as i fix things. The Cisco phones CAN display the video from the i10V, i just cannot get origination from the i10V to the phones extension.

I manually made up the xml files for the CP8941s and they are delivered from the tftp server on the PBX, and as i said, the system is stable and has been in use for some years.

Both ways it they seem to connect to a bridge, but how to troubleshoot a basic-bridge

-- Channel PJSIP/340-00000148 joined 'simple_bridge' basic-bridge <d07f4882-bf1f-404e-afd1-93b58a277bdd>
-- Channel PJSIP/227-00000146 joined 'simple_bridge' basic-bridge <d07f4882-bf1f-404e-afd1-93b58a277bdd>

I get video from the i10V when i originate the call from a handset

the other way round, i10V to cicso looks simialr

– Channel PJSIP/227-0000014a joined ‘simple_bridge’ basic-bridge
– Channel PJSIP/340-00000149 joined ‘simple_bridge’ basic-bridge

But no video, i could really do with some help sorting out why it only works one way.

340 is the i10V and 270 is the Hardphone

We would need logs of the diaplan execution, and the SIP exchanges, and also details of your configuration.

I would note that a lot of people seem to be pushing the limits with video door phones recently, so I’d also suggest looking at other postings.

Also, please note that this forum does not support FreePBX, which introduces 100s of lines of its own dialplan, and imposes constraints on what can be done and how it can be done.

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Collecting+Debug+Information

david551, thanks, that is the kind of info i need. I was unaware of the lack of interest in FreePBX here, i just assumed asterisk was asterisk, i stand corrected.

I have been looking at other postings, but at the moment trying understand why and where it actually breaks down. I can grab logs from all point and i suspect it is probably not an asterisk issue, but asterisk does sit in the middle. I will read more

The call does get through to the hardphone (works fine with my softphone) and the cisco actually seems to understand what is being sent but no video starts… i guess it could be either end, though as calls from the bell work fine going to the softphone I was hoping that the Asterisk/FreePBX is working and i just had to work out how to troubleshoot the RTSP not working to the hardphone.

I am much closer now, after checking the logs on the Cisco, when Bria makes a call to the cisco the cisco streaming log shows…
Rcvr Codec H264
And the video works
but when the door bell originates the call it reports
Rcvr Codec None
NO video…

BUT it does get packets and all the other stream info… just need to somehow force it into H264, somehow or somewhere the i10V is not making some part of the handshake - i guess there is something i need to set in the i10V

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.