I can't play the music on hold on the dongle channel during a call

The output of the error in the asterisk CLI: “[2022-08-14 12:11:54] WARNING[16655][C-00000007]: channel.c:1079 channel_indicat e: [Dongle/Dongle1-0100000003] Don’t know how to indicate condition 22”

extensions_custom.conf:

exten => 180,n,Dial(PJSIP/1019,m(default))

dongle.conf:

[general]
interval=10000000
jbenable=no

[defaults]
context=from-internal
group=0
rxgain=0
txgain=0
autodeletesms=no
resetdongle=yes
u2diag=-1
usecallingpres=yes
callingpres=allowed_passed_screen
disablesms=yes
language=en
smsaspdu=yes
mindtmfgap=45
mindtmfduration=80
mindtmfinterval=200
callwaiting=auto
disable=no
initstate=start
exten=180
dtmf=inband

[Dongle1]
audio=/dev/ttyUSB1
data=/dev/tnt1

Condition 22 is connected line update, not hold:

I don’t think an outgoing connected line update would make any sense to a mobile network, which assumes a phone, not a PABX at the downlink side of the air interface.

A system that sends music on hold over a mobile air interface will not produce good quality sound, as mobile codecs are all vocoder ones, so specifically optimised for voice only.

Hold would be 16.

chan_dongle is not maintained by the Asterisk project, and, I have a feeling it is not maintained at all. It is not part of the official Asterisk source code.

It looks like at least some forks of it do support music on hold:

Which fork are you using?

Are you sure installing another chan_dongle is a good solution? (I can play the hold music on the PJSIP channel!)

The recommended solution for chan_dongle problems is a SIP to air interface gateway device.

I suspect that all forks of chan_dongle should support music on hold, but it basically isn’t supported.

Knowing which fork you have means one can look at the right source code.

1 Like

Okay, Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.