I can hear my self

I have an X100p FXO card running on asterisk. when placing an external call the other person hears me fine but i hear myself speaking. I have turned on echo cancellation and echo training and adjusted the rxgain and txgain but non of this has helped.

Can someone please help me.

Chris

Can it be that your microphone is to close to your speaker ?

x100p cards are no longer supported by Zaptel drivers. Echo cancellation settings will probably not solve your problem.

You should buy a supported card.

Always stick with supported cards, I spent a lot of time myself on non-supported ones and it’s just not worth the hassle in most cases. Unless you have LOTS of time to invest.

YGWYPF = You Get What You Pay For.

But with Asterisk…you pay nothing… :laughing:

Howdy,

Digium offers channels of its High Performance Echo Cancellation (HPEC) software for use, even with unsupported cards. More information may be found here:

digium.com/en/products/software/hpec.php

Cheers.

you can also try OSLEC the Open Source Line Echo Canceler. I use it and it works very well. I have a TDM400P, turned it on and it took away echo I didn’t even know i had. Major difference

Asterisk is about making it affordable to run a quality system. Were here because we don’t want to pay thousands to Nortel. I think some of you have lost site of that. Telling a user he should buy a $400-$1000 card when you probably have never used the card he is testing is messed up.

Is there anyone who has experience with the (so called) Authentic X100P from X100P.com? I was considering buying one and would like to know if it actually works.

If you haven’t tested it don’t knock it.

Asterisk is about making it affordable to run a quality system. Were here because we don’t want to pay thousands to Nortel. I think some of you have lost site of that. Telling a user he should buy a $400-$1000 card when you probably have never used the card he is testing is messed up.

Is there anyone who has experience with the (so called) Authentic X100P from X100P.com? I was considering buying one and would like to know if it actually works.

If you haven’t tested it don’t knock it.

I have tested those exact cards. (bought through ebay) It was tested using AsteriskNow.

The problems encountered were:

Low volume on incoming calls.
No caller ID.
The card would frequently not hang up the line after calls, and the system had to be restarted to clear the problem. Until then, all callers received was a busy signal.

What about the X100P card? Is it also free or YGWYPF?

You would have to buy the card. Though I don’t reccomend it.

I have also used the X100P and did get it working; but my advice is to take it outside, smash it with a hammer and don’t waste days of your life messing around with something you will not be happy with.

Purchase a TDM400P with an FXO module it will cost you $200 AU but it will work and you can get the FREE HPEC from Digium.