I am able to make calls in asterisk 16 without assigning/defining any dial plan

Hi All,

I have installed asterisk. But it seems it is not picking any of my dial plan configuration.
Even if I remove dial plan context and every thing from the dial plan configuration file I am still able to make internal calls.
Any help will be much appretiated.
Please find below configurations of pjsip.conf

;===============TRANSPORT

[simpletrans]
type=transport
protocol=udp
bind=0.0.0.0

;===============EXTENSION 6001

[6001]
type=endpoint
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
auth=auth6001
aors=6001

[auth6001]
type=auth
auth_type=userpass
password=6001
username=6001

[6001]
type=aor
max_contacts=1

;===============EXTENSION 6002

[6002]
type=endpoint
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
auth=auth6002
aors=6002

[auth6002]
type=auth
auth_type=userpass
password=6002
username=6002

[6002]
type=aor
max_contacts=1

What does the console output actually show? What does “dialplan show” in the Asterisk CLI show for the dialplan?

Hi jcold,

Thanks for quick reponse,
Please see the attached image of my dial plan show comand

Okay, and what happens when you make a call?

call connects successfully

By executing which dialplan lines. You need verbosity 5 setting.

without any dialplan calling works fine. there is no log shown when i make call.

below is the log that shows when i register.

That is a different issue.

Yes you are right. Just shared the logs during the call only. As nothing appears related to dialplan.
Acutally call works fine without any dial plan, also my extensions.conf is empty.

But if we define any dial plan in extension.conf and assign to an extension it does not follow it.

You need to turn up the logging until something does get logged. Your symptoms are strange to the point of being impossible, so I’m wondering if you are even looking at the right PABX.

This is simply not possible (at least, not with an original Asterisk).
No dialplan means, Asterisk does not know how to handle a call. And that means, it simply can’t “work fine”.
Is this an Asterisk setup or something else Asterisk based with GUI configuration?

No it is just asterisk setup installed on centos 8.
Using following tutorial : https://www.tecmint.com/install-asterisk-on-centos-7/
I am just nwebie here and trying to learn.
If you have any better guide to install & configure asterisk on centos 8, pelase share.

One key thing that make it impossible is that Asterisk has no concept that there is any connection between SIP device names and extensions

Thank you I got the issue solved. I was using the mobile app (MIZUDROID) on which dial plan was not working. I tried another dialer and it worked as expected.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.