How to use domain

how to use domain instead of IP please include example

On the basis of the information provided, use the domain name instead of the IP address.

I’m rather loath to give examples, but Dial(SIP/localhost.localdomain) instead of Dial(SIP/127.0.0.1).

thanks but i mean for example externhost=domain.com from godaddy instead of externhost=20.20.0.0(for international ip address)
please help

my purpose is to connect my asteriskserver when i am at home i have domain from godaddy is that enough to make call

Ask Goddaddy.

If you are on NAT, you need to know the IP address. If Godaddy provide a dynamic DNS service their domain name may work. However, dynamic DNS requires something that knows your IP address and the domain to register the address against the domain. That is likely to require both your ISP’s and your cooperation and is not specific to Asterisk.

You will need to restart Asterisk whenever the address changes.

Finding an ISP thatpreovides static addresses is generally a better option. Alternatively you may be able to find an ITSP that is prepared to ignore the address in the SIP protocol frames.

please tell me what else to do

Define an A record in the DNS data for buufuulw.com. Ask Godaddy how to do this, but as I said it is likely to require help from your ISP and for you to run software on your system. However, if that is your real domain name, it currently doesn’t exist at all!

Replace canreinvite by directmedia (deprecated).

Replace nat=yes bynat=<options you need, if any> (deprecated and overkill - although probably something to be done after you get it working)

Add localnets.

For most ITSPs you will also need remotesecret.

This is the DNS response I get for you:

dig A buurfuulw.com

; <<>> DiG 9.9.5-9+deb8u11-Debian <<>> A buurfuulw.com
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NXDOMAIN

NXDOMAIN means not found.,

after dig A domain i get something like this
buurfuulw.com. 368 IN A 21.123.345.57

like this than what next please

It would help if you were clear about what you are faking. That is a malformed IP address. If you are really getting it, the server is misconfigured. If not, is the address you are actually getting the address of your router? It might, for example, be that of Godaddy’s web server,which is no use to you.

i am confused . please help with snap shot thanks

;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 47266
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 1

what is mean (additional:1)

That is not an Asterisk question. dig is part of BIND, which is normally packaged with the OS.

Look at the rest of the results to work out what is the authority and what is the additional.

Alternatively, see https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1035.txt (dig is just formatting the response packets described in the RFC.)

please how to connect domain

You are repeating the original question. When that happens, it generally means you are failing to communicate the real problem, or no-one knows the answer.

ANSWER: 0 with NOERRORS seems to happen if you ask DNS for a domain that does exist, but a record type that doesn’t exist, and there is no CNAME record. E.g.

dig SRV asterisk.org

; <<>> DiG 9.9.5-9+deb8u11-Debian <<>> SRV asterisk.org
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 61488
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 4096
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;asterisk.org.			IN	SRV

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
asterisk.org.		3600	IN	SOA	ns.digium.com. postmaster.asterisk.org. 2017041301 43200 3600 1209600 86400

;; Query time: 113 msec
;; SERVER: 192.168.1.1#53(192.168.1.1)
;; WHEN: Thu Aug 03 11:54:21 BST 2017
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 101

barooweey@gmail.com that is my email if you real want to help me please

Your problems seem to be with setting up your internet environment, not with Asterisk,so you need to hire an internet consultant. I’ve no immediate plans to go into the paid consultancy business.

thanks for your help i need to use samething like kookon.co instead ip
adress so what do i need