How to configure voicemail to Email asterisk 11

I would like to know is it possible to add the voice mail to email function after I have a working Asterisk 11 PBX?

See voicemail.conf

Cheers

[quote=“malcolmd”]See voicemail.conf

Cheers[/quote]

If I recompile will I need to do all my configurations again?

?

Unless you’ve rolled your own voicemail, then you’re probably using app_voicemail. app_voicemail already handles taking voicemail files and attaching them to e-mails that it sends using sendmail (or equivalent) to the e-mail address specified for the mailbox holder in voicemail.conf.

[quote=“malcolmd”]?

Unless you’ve rolled your own voicemail, then you’re probably using app_voicemail. app_voicemail already handles taking voicemail files and attaching them to e-mails that it sends using sendmail (or equivalent) to the e-mail address specified for the mailbox holder in voicemail.conf.[/quote]

So my setup is the basic config built from source. Asterisk 11.13 on Opensuse 12.3. With the defualt install can i just make some config changes to my current setup without major rebuild.

[quote=“aristech”][quote=“malcolmd”]?

Unless you’ve rolled your own voicemail, then you’re probably using app_voicemail. app_voicemail already handles taking voicemail files and attaching them to e-mails that it sends using sendmail (or equivalent) to the e-mail address specified for the mailbox holder in voicemail.conf.[/quote]

So my setup is the basic config built from source. Asterisk 11.13 on Opensuse 12.3. With the defualt install can i just make some config changes to my current setup without major rebuild.[/quote]

Yes.

[quote=“malcolmd”][quote=“aristech”][quote=“malcolmd”]?

So my setup is the basic config built from source. Asterisk 11.13 on Opensuse 12.3. With the defualt install can i just make some config changes to my current setup without major rebuild.[/quote]

Yes.[/quote]

Can you give me a bit more details on what I can do?

Howdy,

There’s lovely chapter about the capabilities of app_voicemail here:
asteriskdocs.org/en/2nd_Edit … ECT-4.html

[quote=“malcolmd”]Howdy,

There’s lovely chapter about the capabilities of app_voicemail here:
asteriskdocs.org/en/2nd_Edit … ECT-4.html[/quote]

I have been told that in Asterisk 11 the feature is already built in. I have configured postfix and tested from my asterisk server and it is working . I have added the following to my voicemail.conf . What else do I do I need to do?

[general]
format = wav
attach = yes
;format = wav49  ; format to store files
imapserver = my.mail.server  ; IMAP server location
imapport = 993  ; port IMAP server listens to
imapflags = ssl  ; flags required for connecting
expungeonhangup = yes  ; delete messages on hangup
pollmailboxes = yes  ; used for message waiting indication
pollfreq = 30  ; how often to check for message changes

Did you define a mailbox for the SIP peer and did you configure that mailbox in voicemail.conf, and did you specify the e-mail address to be used for that mailbox?

Here is a one of the lines in the Voicemail.conf

222 => password,John smith, jsmith@mydomain.com

Well I have figured it out and after I configured Postfix and added the attach=yes to the voicemail.conf the voicemails were being delivered with no problems at all.

I have successfully set this up now I would like to know how to delete the message from the server once the user listens to the message via the email?