How to configure QUANTUM SWITCH with Asterisk?

Hi. im a networking/telecom newbie. i have been hired as an internee, to work on Asterisk Installation and configuration for testing purposes. I have configured asterisk to recieve call from one softphone and direct it to another i.e. communication between 2 softphones thru asterisk in a LAN environment (Internal calls are being handled).

Now i have to setup a system including a quantum switch which should recieve calls from an analogue phone, convert it to IP and forward to asterisk, where asterisk should direct the call to any free agent.

Can anybody helpo me in this matter? i basically need to know the asterisk part of the configuration.

any informtaion on quantum would be helpfull !!!

Hello,
If this is a Quintum Tenor gateway working on H323 protocol then you need to install H323 support on Asterisk: Follow this link for more information:
voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+oh323+channels
After this, just configure the settings in your extensions.conf file to direct all incoming/outgoing calls to their appropriate extensions.
Also note, Analog Quintums will work with G711 ulaw, alaw Codecs with asterisk as far as GSM is not supported on Tenors.
G729A is also an option if you have purchased a license from Digium.

Regards,
Hohenzolern

u mean, i only have to configure h.323 channel and will not need to configure the gateway, it will automatically connect the pstn line to our server, right?

Well, if no external gatekeeper is used, you need to add a static route in your Tenor forwarding the calls to the IP address of Asterisk.
This is done in
conf be
menu.
Example: from the Quitnum prompt type
conf be
sr 7 (an available and free Static Route)
callsig xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (Put here the IP address of Asterisk)
routename Asterisk
dn 1 * 1 0 2 (This will forward all calls to Asterisk)
Do not forget to submit the changes after configuration.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Hohenzolern

thanx for ur reply. i’ll let u know about the results.

hi i need sort of a step by step guide to make an asm200 work with asterisk. If possible please send me how to configure it. I inted to use the quintum to have 2 extensions and be able to call from it to the asterisk. Also, be able to call from asterisk to quintum (attached phones) and also be able to jump into the landline.

any help is greatly appreciated. !!! thanks !!!

hi i need sort of a step by step guide to make an asm200 work with asterisk. If possible please send me how to configure it. I inted to use the quintum to have 2 extensions and be able to call from it to the asterisk. Also, be able to call from asterisk to quintum (attached phones) and also be able to jump into the landline.

any help is greatly appreciated. !!! thanks !!!