How to check version of Dahdi tools?

Hello everyone,

I’m running Asterisk 1.8.15 on Centos 6. I’d like to know how to find out what version of Dahdi Tools does my server have installed. What are the commands to find this out?

I appreciate any help. Thanks!

asterisk -rx “dahdi show version”

–Satish Barot

[quote=“satish4asterisk”]asterisk -rx “dahdi show version”

–Satish Barot[/quote]

Thanks for your reply.

I ran the commands you posted and got the following message: “Failed to open control file to get version”.

What does that mean?

Did you start dahdi? /etc/init.d/dahdi start

–Satish Barot

I tried to start the service but got this message: “-bash: /etc/init.d/dahdi: no such file or directory”.

Does that mean I don’t have dahdi installed?..Sorry, if you can tell, I’m a Linux novice.

I think that will give the version of dahdi, not dahdi tools.

So how to I get the version of dahdi tools installed on my server?

Why do you need it?

I don’t have built versions, but looking at the trunk source I’d suggest opening any of the binaries in gdb and running “print dahdi_tools_version”. Alternatively run strings and grep for Version.

I’m not very well versed in Asterisk or Linux for that matter and I’m trying to build an exact replica of my company’s server as practice. I was reading an Asterisk installation walkthrough and it mentioned requiring dahdi tools, so I wanted to find out what version our server was running so I could install the same on my test server.

dahdi_cfg will print the tools version to stderr when showing help. So the following shell snippet will just print the version of tools:

$ dahdi_cfg -h 2>&1 | sed -n -e "s|^DAHDI Tools Version - \(.*\)$|\1|p"