HELP - Unable to request echo training on channel XX

Hi all,

We are playing with our new Sangoma cards, and they are SWEET, but we are having one issue…

For pretty much every call that goes out, we are getting the following:

Here is my zapata.conf:

[code][channels]
language=en
context=from-outside
usecallerid=yes
callwaiting=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
cancallforward=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
echotraining=yes
busydetect=no
callprogress=no
musiconhold=default
wink=300
rxgain=4.0
txgain=1.0

; 48 ld lines
signalling=em_w
group=1
channel=>1-48
[/code]

We’re using robbed-bit T1’s through SBC, with E&M Wink signalling. I have searched all over to no avail - I can’t find much information on this error, and don’t know enough of the telco side of things to be able to do much good. Any help would be appreciated.

Wes

i suppose you’ve spoken with sangoma support? they’re pretty good about answering the phone and working out problems.

Wes I am encountering this now. Did you figure out what caused it?

hey all,

the only parameter that the sangoma cards check when enabling the echo can is ‘echocancel=yes’ - you do NOT need anything else.

the reason that asterisk is returning this error about echo training is that echo training is software based, and since a hardware echo can is in place, asterisk is smart enough NOT to try to implement the software echo can as well.

simply remove echotraining=yes from your zapata.conf and the error will go away, and you won’t lose any functionality.

hope this helps everyone.

EDIT: i didn’t realize i had posted this - i must have found the fix or talked to sangoma and forgotten to update my post…my apologies.

Thanks! Makes sense because we replaced our TE210 card with a TE212 which has a hardware echo cancellation chip. now it all falls into place.

Thanks mate!

based on what I have seen in sangoma docs you need echotraining=yes for the hardware echo can to work. I asume the reason for the error is because the card is doing it and like some one mentioned above astersik is not seeing that the card is doing it alread.

dovid,

i have spoken with sangoma tech support on this and the ONLY parameter required for echo cancellation to work is the echocancel=yes. echotraining is not required.

from sangoma’s wiki:

[code]Wanpipe TDM drivers have been developed to enable HW Echo Cancellation only on channels that have Active calls. Furthermore, the Wanpipe TDM driver waits for the Zaptel command to enable echo cancellation after the call has been established.

Therefore, Echo Cancellation option MUST be enabled in /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf.

echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes

Run wanpipe configuration utility: /usr/sbin/wancfg[/code]

I stand corrected. Thanks.