Help : Problem with Asterisk 1.4.4 and Chan_capi

Hi

I’m trying to execute Asterisk on a Debian with a Fritz ISDN card.
I managed to install the ISDN card and Asterisk v1.4.4
After that, I do apt-get install asterisk-chan-capi.
I didn’t manage to make chan-capi from the sources : I have an error :
[CC] chan_capi.c -> chan_capi.o
chan_capi.c: In function ‘capi_new’:
chan_capi.c:2182: error: too few arguments to function 'ast_channel_alloc’
make: *** [chan_capi.o] Erreur 1

After installing chan_capi, I added the 3 lines in modules.conf to load chan_capi.so

But when I start Asterisk, I have the following error :
[May 11 20:13:45] WARNING[14656]: loader.c:375 load_dynamic_module: Module ‘chan_capi.so’ did not register itself during load
[May 11 20:13:45] WARNING[14656]: loader.c:614 load_resource: Module ‘chan_capi.so’ could not be loaded.

What’s the problem whith my install ?
Can anyone help me with that ?

Thank you

Hi Ben!

I think about a compatibility issue between asterisk 1.4 and chan_capi; I meet the same problem compiling chan_capi.

Have you found a solution?

Otherwise try to use chan_capi with OLD Asterisk 1.2… I cannot understand if chan_capi is compatible with Asterisk 1.4 or not!

Bye!
Francesco

P.S.: I’ll post same question on melware.org/ChanCapi mailinglist.

Thank you for your response.

I forget to post.

I have installed an older version of Asterisk (1.2.8 I think) and it’s working now.

I think, as you said, that there is a compatibility problem with Asterisk 1.4.x.

Now I have problems with the config and I can not pass nor receive calls but I suspect a problem with the ISDN line itself which depends not from me. I must investigate and try with a real phone connected to the line.

If I succeed, I think I will create a website where I will put all the things to do to configure Asterisk and Capi properly.

Thank you again

Hello, I’ve got same error when trying to compile chan_capi from source using version 1.0.1 and asterisk 1.4.5.

However, chan_capi HEAD version compiles cleanly.

ftp://ftp.chan-capi.org/chan-capi/chan_capi-HEAD.tgz

Give it a try.