Help I upgrade from asterisk-1.4.x to asterisk-1.6.x

Hi, In our office we has working an asterisk-1.4.x + zaptel-1.4.11 working perfectly with a TDM400P (3 FXO + 1 FXS) and now we install a better version asterisk-1.6.1.1 and dahdi. But i don’t know how to configure. Please answe me this questions:

1. Before using asterisk-1.4.x i execute ./genzaptelconf and the asterisk will configure automatically the TDM400P card, Now using asterisk-1.6.1.1 how can i do asterisk automatically setup the cards?
    –Answer here please –

2. How can i defined what echo canceller will use each channel?
    –Answer here please –

3. In asterisk-1.6.1.1 where is locate the old file named zaptel.conf in asterisk-1.4.x?
    –Answer here please –

4. In asterisk-1.6.1.1 where is locate the old file named zapata.conf in asterisk-1.4.x?
    –Answer here please –

5. In asterisk-1.6.1.1 where is locate the old file named zapata-channel.conf in asterisk-1.4.x?
    –Answer here please –

6. The dial plan in asterisk-1.6.1.1 is configurable in the same format as asterisk1-4.x?
    –Answer here please –

Thanks, i hope you can answer this questions. :smiley:

Howdy,

With the DAHDI release, there’s an UPGRADE.txt file. Read it. It should answer most of your questions (1-5).

With the Asterisk 1.6.x releases, there’s an UPGRADE-1.6.txt file. Read it. It should answer question 6.

Cheers.

Is asterisk-1.6.1.1 a stable version for production?

Howdy,

Here’s the release versioning and scheduling:

wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/ … k+Versions

1.6.2 is the only of the 1.6.x series that’s supported beyond Security fixes.

1.8 is the recommend path moving forward.

Cheers.

I just want to install stable (reliable) asterisk versions because i use for production.
The asterisk-1.8.0 is stable(reliable) now?