Help configuring a custom IVR Script

I am having some trouble setting up our IVR (Voice Menu) for the first time. I want it to say in short "Thanks for calling please enter extension if you know it (then you have a couple seconds to enter an extension). Press 1 for secretary, press 2 for sales, press 3 for accounting, press 4 for investor relations (gives caller a couple seconds to select 1 of the 4 menu options), otherwise dial 411 for directory or 0 to leave a message. (again a couple more seconds to dial 411 or 0) and then the menu repeats itself after a few seconds.

include=default
exten=s,1,NoOp(RealtyNet Advisors)
exten=s,2,Answer
exten=s,3,Wait(1)
exten=s,4,Background(thank-you-for-calling)
exten=s,5,Background(if-u-know-ext-dial)
exten=s,6,WaitExten(3)
exten=s,7,Background(press-1)
exten=s,8,Background(for)
exten=s,9,Background(secretary)
exten=s,10,Wait(1)
exten=s,11,Background(press-2)
exten=s,12,Background(for-sales)
exten=s,13,Wait(1)
exten=s,14,Background(press-3)
exten=s,15,Background(for-accounting)
exten=s,16,Wait(1)
exten=s,17,Background(for-investor-relations)
exten=s,18,Background(for)
exten=s,19,Wait(1)
exten=s,20,Background(otherwise)
exten=s,21,Background(company-dir-411)
exten=s,22,WaitExten(6)
exten=s,23,Goto(voicemenu-custom-1|s|1)
exten=0,1,Voicemail(1110,u)
exten=1,1,Goto(default|1110|1)
exten=2,1,Goto(default|1118|1)
exten=3,1,Goto(default|1116|1)
exten=4,1,Goto(ringroups-custom-1|s|1)
exten=*,1,Goto(directory|411|1)
exten=#,1,Goto(directory|411|1)

Hi

Wow that is over complicating things,

Just record the message. then

exten=s,1,NoOp(RealtyNet Advisors)
exten=s,n,Answer
exten=s,n,Wait(1)
exten=s,n,Background(thewholemessage)
exten => s,n,Set(TIMEOUT(digit)=5)
exten => s,n,Set(TIMEOUT(response)=10)
exten=s,n,WaitExten(6)
exten=s,n,Goto(voicemenu-custom-1|s|1)
exten=0,1,Voicemail(1110,u)
exten=1,1,Goto(default|1110|1)
exten=2,1,Goto(default|1118|1)
exten=3,1,Goto(default|1116|1)
exten=4,1,Goto(ringroups-custom-1|s|1)
exten=*,1,Goto(directory|411|1)
exten=#,1,Goto(directory|411|1)

when you say record the message do you mean I have to use my voice or another persons voice? I would just like to use the voice files that came with the aa50. Do i need to compile all the sound files into 1 file?

Get a message professionally recorded, using the files one at a time will just sound awful.

Ian

ok we can do that. but will we run into an issue with the menu prompts and extension numbers. for instance one of the menu prompts is press 4 for investor relations and one of the extensions is dial 411 for company directory. Or another instance is press one for secretary or dial 1110 as an extension. all our extensions start with a 1 or a 2. if i dialed 1 is it going to assume that i started keying in an extension or that i dialed 1 to talk to the secretary.

Hi

Yep , you will, basicly you need to work to ITU guidlines, IE no more than 5 options.

But I have added digit timeouts so it will wait after say 1 for you to dial the next digit if you don’t it will goto whatever 1 is defined as or if you dial 111 it will go to 111.

Ian