Hello friends! Asterisk w/softswitch and SIP only

Hello friends!

I am working in broadband communication company and our company have its own Softswitch , i wana work on connecting asterisk with softswitch through SIP protocol without help of any hardware involved such as TDM card, So if any body have any idea regarding this let me know , i will be thankful…

Regards

I’m not sure what your question is. You have some pbx software of your own and you want to link it to asterisk, yes? No reason this shouldn’t work as long as your software speaks SIP…

If you are wondering where to get started, first install asterisk and the sample files (make samples). read through the sip.conf sample file. also read the Wiki, voip-info.org it is a website with a large number of articles about everything related to Asterisk and VoIP. There are sip.conf configurations for many major providers there, from the wiki and the sample configs you should be able to get a good feel for how sip.conf works… then you can connect with your existing PBX!

also you may want to read the book Asterisk: The Future of Telephony. It’s available in dead-tree form from O’Rilley publisher, or you can get it free under creative commons license from www.asteriskdocs.org.

Hope that helps…

There is no reason why you should not be able to setup a SIP trunk between Asterisk and your existing softswitch. Then define an extension range at each end and route between the two.

Thanx for ur reply , Can i ask how can i define extension range at each end and how can i route on both ends and how can i route between the two , Actually i m new to asketisk as well as to linux so dont know much so it will be ur kindness if u give me bit concept about this issue , Thanks

Hameed

you should read the book asterisk: The future of telephony. It will help you with the basics. you can buy a copy of the book from O’Rilley publisher or download it for free from www.asteriskdocs.org.

to define an exten range you might do -

exten => _67XX,1,Dial(SIP/otherpbx/${EXTEN})

this would send extens 6700-6799 to the other pbx. it of course must be put in the right context etc etc