I am about to install asterisk for the first time and was wondering if others had some suggested configurations. We are a small business and want the PBX to be as solid as reasonable possible. My requirements are pretty simple:
- we are using a PRI interface with 23 channels (digium card)
- so max 23 concurrent calls hooked into the PSTN
- I have not settled on a codec yet (SIP->PSTN)
- our internal phones are SIP (Grandstream)
- there will not be a lot of SIP-SIP calls (internal calls)
Would a server with the following specs provide a robust system. Should I change some of the components?
- AMD Opteron
- 1GB Rab
- 60GB Sata Hard drive
- digium PRI board
Not knowing how much of the system will be used for the codec translations, should I change any of this?
Is that enough RAM? Should I go with two processors?
Thanks in advance for any advice.