GV outbound stop work suddenly

Reverting to “redirect” did fix the issue for me and using:
((redirect = iks_find_cdata(traversenodes, “sta:redirect”)) || (redirect = iks_find_cdata(traversenodes, “redirect”)) ) &&
also worked for me. Hopefully the latter is a little more robust. Thanks guys for the help.

I am running Asterisk 1.8.4 on an Asus RT-N16 router platform:

root@athomehost:~# uname -a Linux athomehost 2.6.24.111 #3416 Sun Nov 21 04:56:48 CET 2010 mips GNU/Linux

I am assuming that I must recompile to address the Outbound GV calling problem, however, if this is not right, please let me know.

Because I am new to compiling apps for this platform, I have these questions. If you have experience compiling apps for this platform, please state this in your response. Thank you.

1. Source Selection: can the stock source be used for this platform (http://www.asterisk.org/downloads) or does a special version need to be compiled for the target platform?

2. Compiling: Does the ‘make’ need to be done on the router? I think the answer is yes: maybe there is a compiler for the platform that will run on XP? ‘make’ is available at the CLI, do I need to install other items like a C compiler on the router? Is there a recommended compiler?

Any app compiling lessons learned are appreciated. I could not find a wiki for this topic.

Firstly, you tail ended another thread. Please don’t do that.

Whilst I’m not familiar with that particular device, open source development for such devices is typically done by creating a complete embedded Linux system, cross compiled and built on a full desktop LInux system.

[quote=“trask768”]I can also confirm that this works:

((redirect = iks_find_cdata(traversenodes, “sta:redirect”)) || (redirect = iks_find_cdata(traversenodes, “redirect”)) ) &&

This really fixes the problem. Thanks for the great code![/quote]

I am reviewing the source code for the Asterisk 1.8.6.0 update, and I see that they did not use or patch that line of code at all.

Now is anyone running GV on this latest release yet, and is the patch even needed anymore?

It was in branch for a weekend, until Google reverted their changes on the following Monday.

[quote=“KingCobra”][quote=“trask768”]I am reviewing the source code for the Asterisk 1.8.6.0 update, and I see that they did not use or patch that line of code at all.

Now is anyone running GV on this latest release yet, and is the patch even needed anymore?[/quote][/quote]

I’m using the 1.8.6.0 update (dated Sep. 1) on a WNR3500L router with TomatoUSB and optware. Outbound calls work intermittently for me. Sometimes the call uses sta:redirect and it rings forever, other times it uses redirect and it is successful. I don’t have a tool chain installed to recompile.

The initial outgoing jabber message is the same in both cases, but the incoming jabber message varies between sta:redirect and redirect. My subsequent outgoing jabber messages do seem to be different when sta:redirect is used. If it would be helpful I can post the jabber debug output for both cases, but it is kind of long and the failing output looks very similar to the one sonnyyu posted.

Any suggestions other than wait for a new release?

Just FYI,

I have experiencing the exact same thing. Sometimes outbound works first try, other times it just rings forever. If it starts its ring forever I can hang and redial right back and it works 90% of the time.

[quote=“Stengel78”][quote=“KingCobra”][quote=“trask768”]I am reviewing the source code for the Asterisk 1.8.6.0 update, and I see that they did not use or patch that line of code at all.

Now is anyone running GV on this latest release yet, and is the patch even needed anymore?[/quote][/quote]

I’m using the 1.8.6.0 update (dated Sep. 1)… Outbound calls work intermittently for me.[/quote]
Same here, outgoing problems started about the same time.

[quote=“completenewbee”]Just FYI,

I have experiencing the exact same thing. Sometimes outbound works first try, other times it just rings forever. If it starts its ring forever I can hang and redial right back and it works 90% of the time.[/quote]
Doesn’t matter how many tries for me, no outgoing at all.

Surprised to find so little attention being paid this time around. Asterisk users growing accustomed to Google playing more tricks early? (Halloween=Oct31 :smiling_imp:

EDIT:
While struggling to build from source, v1.8.7.1-1 was posted. Installed and found outgoing calls are completely fixed, back to working reliably, as before. But incoming calls still get through at the same rate, about 1-out-of-5.

FINAL EDIT
After the updates of a few months ago, both outgoing and incoming calls are again working normaly. All is well. :smiley:

The same problem happened again :frowning: . Fortunately, the same fix works :smiley: .