Goofy CallerID post-1.4 Upgrade

I was running a 1.2.x version and it was working great.
I upgraded to 1.4.2 (including zaptel, libpri and add-ons).
Now, on external calls, the CallerID shows “00600000”.
Internal calls show the correct usernames and phone #s.
I did not make any changes to any configuration files.

Thanks,
Scott

Anyone? Should I try a fresh install with my existing config files?

Thanks,
Scott

Try to put a callerid = on the peer configuration. If you don’t put a value for callerid then it passes the caller id.

Yeah, I’m using…

I changed it to a number, just to verify text wasn’t the problem.
But it still gave the same result, external calls show “00600000”.

Thanks,
Scott

Actually, that’s under my [number] profile.
Under the global config, I had this setup…

If I disable/change that, the caller ID value changes.
Although it changes to other garbage like ‘03402030’.

Thanks,
Scott

The external caller ID only changes when I make changes
to the global callerid= variable. Nothing happens if I modify
(or remove) the callerid= on the peer itself. I’m not sure if
that points to anything or not, but just something I noticed.

Thanks,
Scott

Where is this callerid= setting?

Usually in your sip.conf file

I performed a fresh install of Asterisk 1.4.4 (no old binaries).
Copied over the config files from the active 1.2.x server and
attempted to make some calls. The same CallerID problem.

Something in our 1.2.x config files doesn’t seem to jive with
the 1.4.x distribution. Was there any config file groom steps
that I overlooked that I should do when upgrading?

Thanks,
Scott

I’m not sure if its related or not, but I did notice this…

Here’s a quick cut from my 1.2 installation.

– Executing Set(“SIP/1[my#]-3c93”, “CALLERID(number)=[my#]”) in new stack
– Executing Dial(“SIP/1[my#]-3c93”, “SIP/[gw]/[called#]”) in new stack

Here’s the same thing from my 1.4 installation.

– Executing Set(“SIP/1[my#]-3c93”, “CALLERID(number)=”) in new stack
– Executing Dial(“SIP/1[my#]-3c93”, “SIP/[gw]/[called#]”) in new stack

The CALLERID(number)= field appears to be blank.
Not sure if that’s causing my problem or not, but I’m
going to assume that it’s probably not helping matters.

Thanks,
Scott

[quote=“thehemi”]I performed a fresh install of Asterisk 1.4.4 (no old binaries).
Copied over the config files from the active 1.2.x server and
attempted to make some calls. The same CallerID problem.[/quote]

Looks like the config files are definitely different in several areas.
Using a very stripped down approach, I’m getting valid CallerID.
Not the CID I’m trying to set, but it’s valid CID and not random #s.

Thanks,
Scott