Func_odbc missing in Asterisk odbc

/etc/odbcinst.ini

MySQL]
Description=ODBC for MySQL
Driver64=/usr/lib64/libmyodbc5a.so
Setup64=/usr/lib64/libodbcmyS.so
FileUsage=1

I have the following library two libraries in my /lib64 directory since I couldnt find any matching one in my /lib directory so I used the /lib64 for driver and setup values

/etc/odbc.ini

[asterisk-connector]
Description= MySQL connection to ‘root’ database
Driver= MySQL
Database=fastproducts
Server= serveraddress
Port=3306
Socket= /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

/etc/asterisk/res_odbc.conf

[asterisk]
enabled => yes
dsn => asterisk-connector
username => fastproducts
password => XGYUpOING
pooling => no
limit => 1
pre-connect => yes

I am using Asterisk 13.10.0 when I run the odbc show in the CLI

Shouldnt I see the “connected : yes” parameter

And also when I run module show like odbc

Only 1 module is loaded which is res_odbc.so, no func_odbc.so and other related odbc modules.

Also when I run isql -vvv asterisk-connector, it gives a connection error saying access is denied until I run the command with the username and password of the database like this

isql -vvv asterisk-connector fastproducts XGYUpOING then it connect

Also when I checked for the absent odbc modules on /usr/lib/asterisk/modules, I CAN SEE THE MODULES THERE BUT I DO NOT KNOW WHY THEY ARE NOT LOADED

Even if I try module load func_odbc.so, it says no module named func_odbc.so but I can see it in the modules direectory

PLEASE HELP OUT, I DO NOT KNOW WHAT ELSE I AM DOING WRONG!!!

asterisk-sinlimites42*CLI> module load func_odbc.so
Unable to load module func_odbc.so
Command ‘module load func_odbc.so’ failed.
[Aug 15 23:55:16] WARNING[4615]: loader.c:599 load_dynamic_module: Error loading module ‘func_odbc.so’: /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/func_odbc.so: undefined symbol: ast_odbc_retrieve_transaction_obj

Other related ODBC modules are available and running. But I don’t know why func_odbc.so is not loaded

You will need to load res_odbc_transaction.so as well before func_odbc.so

Thank you @jcolp, I have installed it, now it works but when I run odbc show command, I get this

Shouldnt it be something that says it is connected. It only shows name and DSN

You have an active connection, so it appears to be connected.

Okay @jcolp, thank you very much.

But look at the warnings I’ve got

Those are not from res_odbc. That is from the astdb, which is a local sqlite database. Were there any errors at startup about the database? Permissions maybe?

I don’t have any local sqlite database, I am trying to access an external MySQL database

The errors you pasted are for the local AstDB which is a sqlite database like I mentioned. It is created on startup by Asterisk if it does not exist already, unless permissions do not allow it to be created.

Okay, since I am not using the local database, do you think it will affect the application from running well, or do I have to create it for the application to run well

Other parts of Asterisk can and will use the AstDB to store stuff depending on your usage, it’s recommended that it be available and working.

AstDB, what do I need to do now. I dont even know the next thing to do now. The AstDB, how do I make it work as expected.