Front Desk

I have set up my system to answer into an auto attendant, but during the day I’d like to have incoming calls connect to a call group first, then pass to the AA if no one answers.

Basically we want to be able to grab incoming calls before they hit the AA if we are in the office.

Can anyone point me to an example of how to do this? I’m plodding through translating the time dependancies from the old format into AEL now, but some help on dropping incoming calls right into a call group would be great.

Thanks!
Zeke

there are two easy ways to do this:

1. GotoIfTime. Incoming calls first run thru GotoIfTime which routes them to the queue during the day, or straight to voicemail if at night. ExecIfTime may also help.
  2. a button or variable. Define a global variable like ${nightmode} (use set with the ‘g’ flag as i recall). Make an exten which sets it on and another which sets it off. Then use GotoIf or ExecIf to route calls based on the status of this variable

I was able to accomplish this with the following at the begining of my incoming context.

ifTime(8:00-18:00|mon-fri||) { // durring bus hours, call the operator 1st
&opp-exten(SIP,${OPERATOR},10);
} else
goto s|attendant;