Forwarding will not hangup if the caller puts down the phone

Hi,

I need some help please. in my extensions_custom.conf I have this code

[from-internal-custom]	

exten => 555,1,Answer()
exten => 555,n,SayDigit(12345)
exten=> 555,n,Dial(Local/5000@from-internal/n,)
exten => 555,n,Hangup()

what will happened during the Dial or it rings to the agent, now the caller will put down the phone or end the call. but it happened it will continue to ring in the side of agent, it keeps ringing even the customer puts down the phone or end up the phone.

please help me

Thank you in advance.

You need to provide information on how the caller is reaching the system. For example, is it connected using SIP, is it from the PSTN, is it from an analog telephone line?

Hi can I ask what is PSTN ?

The PSTN is the traditional telephone network.

Thank you for the quick reply, I will try to ask my colleague tomorrow.

Thank you.

Hi.

yes it is PSTN as what my colleague told me.

How is it connected though? Depending on the technology in use there can be limitations, such as not receiving that the other side has hung up.

Hi,

He told me that he use the follow me option ? when dialplan Dial the local 5000 this will ring to all agents that he sets…my problem is that even the customer hangup the call but it continues to ring…what probably the limitation for this so that I will inform my colleague.

Is there solution for this problem ?

Thank you in advance.

If it’s because of the technology, for example using an analog telephone line, then not really - you’d need to change. Asterisk can only do as it is told - so if it’s not being told they hung up, not much it can do.

Hi,

What telephone should work so that we can change immediately

Thank you in advance.

Switching to a VoIP provider would work, but without actual details about what technology is being used right now these are only guesses. You would need to provide more information for anything further.

HI.

Ok I will be back tomorrow.

Best Regards.