Fax handling problem

Hi,

I have an AAH box with bristuff support and an ISDN HFC card connected to an ISDN line. The fax machine has a SIP extension and is connected to an ethernet switch via an ATA.

I have some problems with incoming faxes that I try hereafter to explain.

First I have to note that incoming and ougoing voice calls work perfectly. Also outgoing faxes are sent without any problem.

Incoming faxes are not detected at all. In fact,

1. As a first try, I chose in AMP ‘use incoming calls setting’ in ‘set destination’ of ‘Inbound routing’. When I receive a fax on one of the ISDN channels, since the fax tone is not detected, the call is sent to the extension that I specified in ‘incoming calls’ (that is an IP phone). I have to add that this happens even if I specify ‘system’ as ‘fax extension’ in both ‘general setting’ and ‘inbound routing’.

2. As a sencond try, I do exactly the same as above except that the extension specified in ‘incoming calls’ is the fax machine’s extension. In this case, the call is directly sent to the fax machine, but the latter is ringing without finally receiving anything and ends up with a busy ring.

3. As the third try, in ‘set destination’ of ‘Inbound routing’ I define a custom app that sends all the calls directly to the ext-fax context. The result is the same as in 2).

4. The last try I did was as in 3) but by specifying ‘system’ as ‘fax extension’ in ‘inbound routing’. This time the fax connection is made and it seems that everything works fine but no .tif or .pdf file is created in /var/spool/asterisk/fax and no e-mail is sent.

Could anyone help me to understand why the fax tone is not detected? Is there a problem with the ISDN card or the driver or asterisk itself or adjusting the gains?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

[quote=“dani22”]Hi,

I have an AAH box with bristuff support and an ISDN HFC card connected to an ISDN line. The fax machine has a SIP extension and is connected to an ethernet switch via an ATA.

I have some problems with incoming faxes that I try hereafter to explain.

First I have to note that incoming and ougoing voice calls work perfectly. Also outgoing faxes are sent without any problem.

Daniel[/quote]

Hello,

Coul you tell me how to configure asetrisk to send out multipage fax?

Regards