Failing to make Outbound calls - Inbound calls working [CHAN_SIP]

Good morning,

I’m hoping someone can assist an Asterisk noobie with an Outbound SIP issue. I’ve successfully set up an inbound route, user details on the trunk, and register string - inbound calls are coming in fine to one of my local DIDs.

Outbound calls are where i’m stuck. The CLI is showing this error when attempting to call an external mobile number from one of the VoIP phones: (sip:XXXXXXXX = VoIP username, @XX.XX.XX.XX = external IP)

[2017-06-08 23:15:19] NOTICE[23607][C-00000050]: chan_sip.c:23862 handle_response_invite: Failed to authenticate on INVITE to ‘sip:XXXXXXXX@XX.XX.XX.XX;tag=as398bc573’

MyNetFone is my provider, and this is the Outgoing Trunk Peer Details provided:

allow=alaw&ulaw
dtmfmode=rfc2833
host=sipXX.mynetfone.com.au
fromdomain=XX.XX.XX.XX[My External IP]
nat=yes
type=peer
port=5060
qualify=6000
context=from-trunk
fromuser=XXXXXXXX [MNF number]

I can provide a debug of both the outbound trunk and extension of an attempted call - i just wanted to know if there’s anything obvious in my outgoing trunk that could/is causing this? Strange as inbound calls are working.

Many thanks

Sam

You don’t appear to have a password. The password used for registration is only for registering to receive incoming calls; it doesn’t authenticate outgoing calls.

Hi David,

Thank you for your prompt reply - you were absolutely right.

Following the instructions from the Whirlpool Wiki, I was able to authenticate outbound calls by entering in the password:

https://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/VOIP_MyNetFone

Peer Details:

disallow=all
    allow=ulaw&alaw
    authname=09XXXXXX
    canreinvite=no
    dtmfmode=rfc2833
    fromuser=09XXXXXX
    host=sip00.mynetfone.com.au
    insecure=very
    pedantic=no
    qualify=yes
    secret=YOUR_PASSWORD
    type=friend
    username=09XXXXXX

Outbound and inbound calls are working now.

Cheers