Explicit outbound calls (no auth)

Asterisk 13.18.1
Centos 7

I want to calls outbound to another pbx via dynamic/anonymous ip but im getting errors
Remote Pbx doesnt have username or password
Could someone direct me in the right direction
Thanks

extensions.conf
exten => 1234,1,NoOp(Explicit Outbound)
 same => n, Dial(PJSIP/default/sip:5555@8.8.x.x:5060)
 same => n, Hangup()
pjsip.conf
[default] 
	type             =endpoint
	transport        =transport-udp
	context          =incoming
	fax_detect       =yes
	disallow         =all
	allow            =g729      ;//g729,ulaw
	direct_media     =no
	dtmf_mode        =auto

Errors
[11/27 2018-11-27] WARNING[880]: res_pjsip_outbound_authenticator_digest.c:178 digest_create_request_with_auth_from_old: Endpoint: ‘default’: Unable to create request with auth. No auth credentials for realm(s) ‘asterisk’ in challenge.
== Everyone is busy/congested at this time (1:0/0/1)

They challenged you for authentication, and there were no credentials configured so PJSIP couldn’t re-send with them. The problem is that you are being challenged by the remote side.

Is there something I can do so the remote end doesnt challenged me?
I think its weird that via queues the calls goes through but via Dial it challenged me?

after running some test, I notice when I add it via queue.conf it goes through without a user/pass
but to get queues to work I added aors to endpoint.

queues.conf
member => PJSIP/default/sip:5555@8.8.x.x:5060,0,Explicit,PJSIP/default
pjsip.conf
[default] 
	type             =endpoint
	transport        =transport-udp
	context          =incoming
	fax_detect       =yes
	disallow         =all
	allow            =g729      ;//g729,ulaw
	direct_media     =no
	dtmf_mode        =auto
    aors             =defaultAors

[defaultAors]
	type             =aor
	contact          =sip:8.8.x.x:5060

Why the remote end does or does not challenge you is policy on its side. What has to happen on the Asterisk side to cause that, I do not know. Look at the signaling (pjsip set logger on) between the two and see what is the difference.

1 Like

awesome, this would be a great learning example. Is there something I should be looking for? I’ve never tried debugging before. Could you point me to a documentation or possibly a tutorial or a place I can follow to know what I should be looking for?

If you prefer when I get a chance I can even post it here.

I don’t really have a guide or anything. Comparing the difference will point to the area, which may be configurable.

PJSIP base calling I didn’t do in Asteisk but issue is of authentication of SIP user at remote server.