Errors compiling asterisk 1.4 beta2

Hi,

I am getting these errors when I am compiling asterisk 1.4 beta2. I think I am missing some libraries. Can anyone tell me which libraries I am missing?

Thanks in advance.

make[1]: Nothing to be done for depend'. gcc astman.o -o astman astman.o(.text+0x16): In functionmain’:
/usr/src/asterisk-1.4.0-beta2/utils/astman.c:731: undefined reference to newtIn it' astman.o(.text+0x1b):/usr/src/asterisk-1.4.0-beta2/utils/astman.c:732: undefined reference tonewtCls’
astman.o(.text+0x37):/usr/src/asterisk-1.4.0-beta2/utils/astman.c:733: undefined
reference to newtDrawRootText' astman.o(.text+0x43):/usr/src/asterisk-1.4.0-beta2/utils/astman.c:734: undefined reference tonewtPushHelpLine’
astman.o(.text+0x62):/usr/src/asterisk-1.4.0-beta2/utils/astman.c:740: undefined
reference to `newtFinished’

i’m thinking maybe newt and newt-devel packages ?

rpm -q newt results in the following:
newt-0.51.4-1
and rpm -q newt-devel the following
newt-devel-0.51.4-1

So, I guess I have newt packages installed.

Hi,

I still haven’t got 1.4.0 beta2 compiling successfully. Anybody got any clues on this? I can send you the long config.log that the configure script generated if you want me to. I tried to remove the astman from the build but that did not make any difference. Any help will be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Just want to let you know that I got the compilation problems resolved by downloading 1.4.0 beta3 and upgrading libcurl to 7.16.0

Hope this helps