E1 CAS R2 Support in External Gateways

Greetings,
I have never been a fan of using internal cards in the Asterisk servers since upgrading Linux and Asterisk is a pain to get the cards working again. We usually rely on external gateways for connectivity to the PSTN or TIE lines to legacy PBXs.

Being in the Caribbean, we run across a lot of E1 CAS R2. I was hoping that Digium’s Gxxx gateways would support R2, but there is nothing in the documentation about it and I couldn’t get a reliable answer from their chat support. (They sent me here to the forums.)

Are there plans for the Digium G series digital gateways to support R2 in the future? If so, when is it expected?

Until Digium supports R2, are there any other vendor’s products that anyone here has used? One that caught my eye was the Mediatrix 3732. Has anyone used this gateway?

Who sent you here?

Not at this time.

Cheers

The online chat on digium.com from the gateways page.

Is there a place to request features for the gateways (like R2 support) so that engineering knows that there are customers who are interested? Otherwise, we need to go to another vendor and we would rather stay with the Digium solutions.

[quote=“rwrusselljr”][quote=“malcolmd”]
Who sent you here
[/quote]
The online chat on digium.com from the gateways page.

Is there a place to request features for the gateways (like R2 support) so that engineering knows that there are customers who are interested? Otherwise, we need to go to another vendor and we would rather stay with the Digium solutions.[/quote]

Do you recall the name of the person that directed you?

Yes, gatewayfeatures@digium.com

Cheers

No, sorry I do not recall that and did not receive a copy of the chat via email.

Okay, thank you.