DTMF causes echo test on dahdi channel to hang

I’m a newbie and recently set up Asterisk 1.8 using the Debian package. I’m testing a mix of SIP phones and some analog phones connected to a TDM800P board.

I set up an echo test in my dialplan as folows:

exten => 600,1,Playback(demo-echotest) same => n,Echo() same => n,Playback(demo-echodone) same => n,Hangup()

Here’s the problem: it works as expected with both my hard and soft SIP phones. But the phone on the dahdi channel cannot terminate the echo test with the # key. The key gets partially recognized and the echoing stops. No futher keys get recognized, and I have to hang up the phone. The same thing happens if I press any other key besides #.

Here’s the log of what happens:

There are never any ‘DTMF end’ messages after the first key is pressed.

While trying to debug this myself, I made similar dialplan extensions that used the Read() and Record() applications. Both of these worked correctly over the same dahdi channel – the DTMF codes were received and the # key terminated the application.

Any help or suggestions on what to try next would be appreciated.

Can anyone please test that ‘#’ correctly terminates an echo test from an analog phone on a dahdi channel? I’d like to confirm that this is just a problem with my configuration. Thanks.