DPMA provisioned Contacts

I have a Digium D70 being DPMA provisioned with contacts as per settings in res_digium_phone.conf. Everything is working great except I can’t seem to get the contacts displayed “last name, first name”. The contacts that are set up to display in the Rapid Dial Display are being displayed in accordance with the name_format=last_first statement in the phone configuration section but the contacts that show up in the Contacts app remain displayed “first name last name”. Have tried placing the name_format statement in various positions within res_digium_phone.conf but keep getting the same result. Am I misinterpreting how the statement works or have I just not got it placed properly yet?

Relevant section of res_digium_phone.conf:

[code][general]
globalpin=xxxxxxx
userlist_auth=globalpin
config_auth=globalpin
mdns_address=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
mdns_port=5060
service_name=Asterisk PBX
service_discovery_enabled=yes
message_context=dpma_message_context
file_directory=/var/lib/asterisk/digium_phones
callcounter=yes
name_format=last_first

[network1]
type=network
alias= DPMA Network
cidr=0.0.0.0/0
registration_address=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
registration_port=5060
ntp_server=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

;PHONES*******************************************************

[PhoneOne]
network=network1
ntp_resync=10
type=phone
name_format=last_first
contact=ContactIT.xml ; These are displayed by the contacts app "First Last"
contact=BLF_PhoneOne.xml
blf_contact_group=ITDirectory ; These are displayed in the RapidDial display "Last, First"
line=202
login_password=xxxx
web_ui_enabled=no[/code]

Howdy,

name_format is a type=phone option, not a [general] option. Any difference if you move the option down there?

Malcolmd,

Yes, I tried putting the name_format option down in the phone configuration. It works as expected regarding the way contacts are displayed in the Rapid Dial Display but it doesn’t seem to have any effect on the way contacts are displayed by the Contacts App that appear in the Main Display. It’s a pretty a simple matter find a particular contact in a long list just by hitting the first few letters of the contact’s last name on the dial pad so this issue isn’t a show stopper so much as it is just a puzzler. Thanks for any insights you can provide though! And thanks for putting the DPMA Wiki together - that is a goldmine of concise detail that has really helped me get a long way towards getting a production system deployed.

Howdy,

You are indeed correct. :frowning:

I have entered an issue report, though as you note it’s not major.

re: the wiki docs. You’re very welcome. :smile: If you’ve any suggestions for improvement, I’m happy to do my best to make them.