DMTF detection problems

Hello I’m using asterisk to make calls automatically, then a voice it gives a few options to dial and the system save the option wich was dialed. My problem is that some days the system doesn’t detect the DMTF or detect them wrong (ex: if the user dial 5, the system detect a 7). This is the configuration in my sip.conf:

[myusr]
type=friend
username=myusr
secret=pass
fromuser=myusr
host=myserver
port=5060
fromdomain=myserver
nat=yes
canreinvite=no
allow=g729
context=internos
dtmfmode=rfc2833
rfc2833compensate=yes
relaxdtmf=yes
insecure=very
qualify=yes

Maybe somethink is wrong, please help

Thanks in advance

what version of asterisk?
what type of phone?
what carrier?

asterisk 1.4
voipcheap.com or mxvoice.com
the softphone doesn’t matter, because asterisk doesn’t detect the DMTF from the sip server

Hello,

In my case I had problems with Zoipper to install version 2.0 I had to change the option USE DTMF RFC-2833 for USE DTMF SIP INFO within the Advanced Options to sip.

If you are using is worth Zoipper also provide a verified it.

Regards.

In my case I just asterisk. My call is originated from asterisk, then go to the sip server and the PSTN, I think the problem is in the configuration of the server in sip.conf

Here I do not use either the rfc2833compensate = yes and not the relaxdtmf = yes.

Try to comment on rfc2833compensate = yes and relaxdtmf = yes and change the value insecure = yes.

are you using asterisk 1.4.24 by any chance? I have an open bug report on the bug list to fix a problem detecting DTMF tones if the upstream carrier presents the tone for > 200ms.

I’ll try insecure = yes

I use debian, and the package of the stable version is asterisk 1.4. I don’t use packages without my package manager (synaptic).