Digium TDM800P

Hi All, I have installed these cards into three systems now, all pci2.2 compliant, DL the AsteriskNOW and installed onto fresh drives, then did the SVN updates, genzaptelconfig, rebooted, but none of these PC’s will install the zaptel drivers. lspci shows “Ethernet controller: Digium, Inc.: Unknown device 0800 (rev 11)”. Only on one system the AMD, did it seem to detect something but still no work, dmesg showed “Registered Tormenta2 PCI, Registered tone zone 0 (United States / North America)” and showed the zone 8 times, the cards are Digium TDM844B, and have had no response or support from them as yet. :frowning:

HI,

No sure if this helps but check these;

1. It uses the same module as the tdm2400p should look like;

#nano /etc/sysconfig/zaptel
MODULES="$MODULES wctdm24xxp"

1. What does this say;

ztcfg -vv

1. Run these what is the output?

dmesg | grep Zaptel

dmesg | grep FXO

Hi Bwilks,

/etc/sysconfig/zaptel has the wctdm24xxp already,

the output from ztcfg -vv is:

Zaptel Version: 1.4.0-beta3
Echo Canceller: MG2
Configuration

Channel map:

0 channels configured.

and dmesg | Zaptel

Zaptel Version: 1.4.0-beta3 Echo Canceller: MG2
Zaptel Transcoder support loaded

and dmesg | grep FXO was blank.

doing an lspci -v the card came back with:
01:00.0 Ethernet controller: Unknown device d161:0800 (rev 11)
Subsystem: Unknown device d161:0800
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 10
I/O ports at d000 [size=256]
Memory at d0022000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1K]
[virtual] Expansion ROM at 40000000 [disabled] [size=128K]
Capabilities: [c0] Power Management version 2

uname -r:
2.6.17.11-1.1.smp.x86.i686.cmov

I did read to turn off ACPI and Hyper Threading, have done that, but no difference, I have since turned them back on.

cheers

Hi,

I see you are using Zaptel Version: 1.4.0-beta3; on page 25 of TDM800P-users-manual.pdf it says;

If you are using 1.2x series of Asterisk and Zaptel, you will need Asterisk 1.2.15 or newer, and Zaptel 1.2.15 or newer.

If you are using the 1.4.x series of Asterisk and Zaptel, you will need Asterisk 1.4.1 or newer and Zaptel 1.4.1 or newer.

Hi Bwilks,

I searched the Asterisk site for the Zaptel 1.4.1, but it didn’t exist, so I went with the beta version, and it would seem as thou that is the problem.

I have just finished installing ubuntu and then compiling Asterisk 1.2.16 and Zaptel 1.2.16, the card actually loaded with modprobe zaptel; modprobe wctdm24xxp.

I am now trying to find an ISO of ASteriskNOW with the version 1.2.16 ready to go, but seem to be only finding the 1.4.0 version.

cheers

[quote=“MichealC”]Hi Bwilks,

I searched the Asterisk site for the Zaptel 1.4.1, but it didn’t exist, so I went with the beta version, and it would seem as thou that is the problem.[/quote]
Right, it doesn’t exist yet.

[quote=“MichealC”]
I am now trying to find an ISO of ASteriskNOW with the version 1.2.16 ready to go, but seem to be only finding the 1.4.0 version.[/quote]

There will never be a version of AsteriskNOW based on 1.2.X

Hi Angler,

Would be good to have these cards working on the 1.4.0 version of Asterisk NOW, Is the version Zaptel 1.4.1 coming soon or can the Zaptel 1.2.16 be used with the current AstriskNOW to make the cards work.

cheers

There isn’t a Zaptel 1.2.16. Latest version for 1.2 of zaptel is 1.2.15. No Zaptel 1.2.15 can’t be used with on AsteriskNOW. Well technically it can work but then you have to install Asterisk 1.2.16 and then you won’t be able to use the web GUI either. 1.4.1 of zaptel shouldn’t be too much longer. Also AsteriskNOW is still beta so don’t expect all Digium products to work on it.

Hi Angler,

Is there a freely downloadable ISO, that you would recommed, ready to go, that will make these cards work, with a web gui.

cheers

There is TrixBox but I doubt they have updated it with the latest 1.2 Zaptel so you can use the TDM800P. They seem to be slow at updates. So the answer would be no. On a good note, Zaptel 1.4.1 is on the verge of being released. Should be later today or tomorrow.

mine is working for a month now using tdm800p and trixbox.

Looks like TrixBox upgraded zaptel. However TrixBox still uses Asterisk 1.2 base whereas AsteriskNOW uses the 1.4 base.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your help, I still have not quite got this working as yet.

pnoi2b: What version of TB are you using and did the card load when booting, I have downloaded the latest version, Installs OK, then seems to hang after boot at the detect new hardware (kudzu), I can leave it over night and will be in the same spot next morning, reboot, do interactive and skip kudzu, then modprobe wctdm24xxp, finds the card, then randomly stops at a channel and wont go any further, ctrl-c, loads the rest of the channels in error. cat /proc/zaptel/1 shows all 8 chans, and missed irqs, dmesg shows chans loaded till ctrl-c pressed.