Difference between Meetme and ConfBridge

what is the difference between Meetme and ConfBridge???

The Meetme is a depricated asterisk tool with few function. Simple and limited.

The ConfBridge could be more powerful than Meetmee if you use Asterisk 10 or higher system (user-,bridgeprofile,Conference menu …). In the lower Asterisk version the Meetme and ConfBridge almost same tool/function, but the Meetme depricated in Asterisk 1.8 too.

Use ConfBridge if you can. :smiley:

thank you…
I am trying to add a caller to the conference…created a new menu in confbridge.conf assigned number 3 for addcaller…when I do this:

[addcaller]
exten => 1,1, Originate(SIP/otherpeer, exten, conferences, 100,1).

[conferences]
exten => 100,1, ConfBridge(1234).

it works…But only for this statis number which is quite useless…How do I set it so that the system asks me to enter digits to call (well to invite to the conference?

Thanks a lot

…you create something more powerful than the simple example provided there, that’s how.

i have the following situation that I’m trying to find a solution for:

Party A calls Party B.
Party A and Party B talk for some time.
Party B generates a DTMF, this establishes a call to Party C and how can i establish (invite) conferences Parties A, B and C together(three parties communicate each other).

how to achive this feacture???
is it possible to achive this feature with the help confBridge???

thank you

For 3 users use the conference feature on the sip phone. For more participants you can start the conversation in the confbridge room then based on the example on the asterisk wiki press a digit to go to the external context, in that context you can call the application read to know how many participants you want to add then call the application WHILE to iterate based on the previous value and ask again for the number to be called and then ORIGINATE it.

thank you,
in asterisk wiki ,the example is explained with the help of MeetMe() and ChannelRedirect() application,but i want to implement that example with help of ConfBridge application(bcz i am not installing DADHI)…

is it possible to implement with the help of confBridge???

I just tried a dynamic solution for the confbridge by using channel variable “callerID(num)”. You can use any other channel variable that is free for you.

[bridge]
exten => 1234,1,Answer()
exten => 1234,n,Wait(1)
exten => 1234,n,Read(dest,conf-getconfno&beep,20,n,3,30)
exten => 1234,n,Set(CALLERID(num)=${dest})
exten => 1234,n,NoOP(${CALLERID(num))})
exten => 1234,n,ConfBridge(${dest},mybridge,myuser,mymenu)
exten => 1234,n,Hangup

[addcaller]
exten => 1,1,Playback(beep)
exten => 1,n,Wait(1)
exten => 1,n,NoOP(${CALLERID(num)})
exten => 1,n,Read(dest,conf-ext-num&beep,20,n,3,30)
exten => 1,n,Originate(SIP/${dest},exten,conferences,${CALLERID(num)},1)

[conferences]
exten => _X.,1,ConfBridge(${EXTEN},mybridge,myuser,mymenu)

Hope it helps… :smile:

2 Likes

hi here is my working conference dial plan…i can add caller and invite to join conference .But using originate caller id is displaying as anonymous ,how to force originate application to display callerid…
thnxs

[addcaller]
exten => 1,1,Answer()
        same => n,NoOp("caller id is ${CALLERID(num)}") 
       same => n,Playback(vm-enter-num-to-call)
      same => n,Playback(beep)
      same => n,Read(ext,,#)
      same => n,Playback(you-entered)
      same => n,SayDigits(${ext})
      same => n,Originate(SIP/${ext},exten,macro-conferences,s,1)
     same => n,Originate(DAHDI/g0/${ext},exten,macro-conferences,s,1)
[conferences]
exten => s,1,ConfBridge(1234,fancybridge,fancyuser,fancymenu)

Use a local channel.