Dialup RAS setup doesn't detect pickup

I working on a similar solution as described here:

https://dogemicrosystems.ca/wiki/Dial_up_server

Basically I would like one older computer dial in through modem (winmodem) into another (hardware modem). I have tried a variety of OS-es , the issue is not OS related.

Both lines can dial out to PSTN no problem, eg I can use a dialer app to call my cellhpone number from both and that works fine.

The issue is when Line 1 calls Line 2 the modem on the receiving machine detects the RING and picks up the call and initiates the handshake process however the client machine still consider it as RING -ing, the call is not establishing. On the ATA I using I also just get RING -in on the status page, Asterisk also shows as ringing.

Config is:

sip.conf

; HG8546M 2 port ATA
[230]
canreinvite=yes
videosupport=no
qualify=200                     ; Qualify peer is no more than 200ms away
directmedia=yes                 ; Send RTP directly to the peer to reduce latency and jitter
type=friend
host=dynamic
secret=secret
context=home
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
deny=0.0.0.0/0
permit=10.0.0.0/255.0.0.0;
insecure=invite,port
dtmfmode=rfc2833

[231]
canreinvite=yes
videosupport=no
qualify=200                     ; Qualify peer is no more than 200ms away
directmedia=yes                 ; Send RTP directly to the peer to reduce latency and jitter
type=friend
host=dynamic
secret=secret
context=home
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
deny=0.0.0.0/0
permit=10.0.0.0/255.0.0.0;
insecure=invite,port
dtmfmode=rfc2833

extensions.conf

[retro1]
exten => 230,1,Dial(SIP/230, 60)
exten => 230,2,HangUp()

[retro2]
exten => 231,1,Dial(SIP/231, 60)
exten => 231,2,HangUp()

Any ideas what settings can I fiddle around with before buying another ATA ?

Logs??

It is the ATA’s job to detect the modem looping the line, to answer. What does DC mean on the ATA configuration screen? HG8546M comes back as a cheap WiFi router, not an ATA, so I can’t find the ATA’s documentation. (Moreover, the documentation download page for the the HG8546M is empty.

Yeah I mean I can buy another one they ain’t cost nothing, I just had this and couple of other similar huawei GPONs at hand. Actually it contains a voip stack as these are deployed out to fiber customers doing both the Internet + IPTV + VoiIP alltogether.

The rings Voltage I played around with all 3 settings, none did the trick. The problem isn’t even with the ringing because the modem on the other end does detect the ring, picks up the line and initiates the handshake process, the problem is that the caller thinks it’s not picked up and keeps trying.

I was asking about the DC voltage.

There is no tooltip :woozy_face:

That field is called: RingDCVoltageOverlapped

All the docs there are about this are:

EchoLife HG8240&HG8245&HG8247 GPON Terminal Service Manual-(V100R002C04&C05_02).pdf
Huawei AR G3 Series Enterprise Routers Voice Feature White Paper.pdf

I don’t know what that means, either.

For a analogue station to signal answer, there must be a DC voltage on the line. as answer is done by setting up a low resistance path for that, and detecting the resulting current. I’ve no idea whether the parameter relates to t that, or not.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.