Dialplan calling unregistered extension

Hi,

Using the below dialplan i have managed to automatically start recording when a call is sent to an extension.

[custom-app]
exten => 572,1,NoOp(Welcome to the customer application)
exten => 572,n,Dial(SIP/100,15,trwWbxXM(one-touch-record))

I’d like this to work when i send a call to queue too. My idea was to leave extension 100 as a ‘dummy’ extension with failover configuration (no answer/not reachable) going to the queue. Unfortunately the application is smarter than me and pointed out my extension is not registered:

• Executing [572@custom-app:1] NoOp(“SIP/pureip-00000000”, “Welcome to the customer application”) in new stack
    – Executing [572@custom-app:2] Dial(“SIP/pureip-00000000”, “SIP/100,15,trwWbxXM(one-touch-record)”) in new stack
    [2013-09-17 13:55:18] WARNING[29403]: app_dial.c:2345 dial_exec_full: Unable to create channel of type ‘SIP’ (cause 20 - Subscriber absent)
    == Everyone is busy/congested at this time (1:0/0/1)
    – Auto fallthrough, channel ‘SIP/pureip-00000000’ status is ‘CHANUNAVAIL’

Is there anyway i can override this and have the call still sent to extension 100 so failover to the queue is invoked?

Otherwise, is there anyway i can send the call to the queue directly and have one-touch-record available automatically?

You seem to be making a meal of this. If you want to start recording, simply start recording directly from the dial plan (e.g. look how one-touch-recording does it).

If you want to do something that can only be done from Dial, use a local channel and have the Queue application called from the local channel.

Note that, in Asterisk terms, 100 is not an extension. SIP/100 is a device, although best practice is to use device names that are, unlike extensions, not guessable.

Note that the Queue application has specific support for running MixMonitor on a call.