Dial Plan

Sir,

I have connected Asterisk with Panasonic pbx using fxo port the 4 extension on panasonic pbx are connected to fxo port like 221,222,223,224 and if we dial from panasonic pbx 221 than call received by Asterisk and than we have dial extension no. of Asterisk users. Sir, it is possible from panasonic pbx we dial directly Asterisk user extension like Asterisk users no. are 25, 26, 27, 28 and so on and if we want to dial extension 25 or 26 of Asterisk from panasonic pbx how we can do that. We are dial Panasonic no. from Asterisk without any problem.

Rajeev.

If I have read your message correctly :open_mouth:

You need an FXO card in the asterisk, that will connect to an analog line on the Panasonic PBX.

The Asterisk FXO Module recieves dial tone from the Analog Panasonic Line.

In your extensions.conf, you will just need it to Dial your {EXTEN} into the correct “Zap” line (your FXO Module)

ok i read your message a few more times.

Your gonna have to ask someone who knows your Panasonic pbx.
I connected a mitel sx-200 and a asterisk, and on the mitel thier was a menu that i set “5” to dial over to the asterisk.

So say on the asterisk I have an extesnions 813.
From the Mitel, I have to dial 5813.

You could give the asterisk extensions a different range, like 5XX
Then in your Panasonic you could make the dialout digit 5.
Hopefully your panasonic is capable of also sending the dialout digit to the asterisk, i think i was able to do that with the Mitel.
So you can do 501 (5 being the dialout digit to asterisk, then 01. And it will send 501 to asterisk!)

Thanks for your help

You are right i have FXO port on asterisk and connect panasonic extn to FXO port i am able to call from asterisk side without any problem but from panasonic side i have dial two times to reach asterisk user first dial panasonic extn which is connect to asterisk fxo port when call received by asterisk than dial asterisk user extension.

i want to make single dial to reach asterisk users.

Rajeev.

[quote=“rajeevsg”]Thanks for your help

You are right i have FXO port on asterisk and connect panasonic extn to FXO port i am able to call from asterisk side without any problem but from panasonic side i have dial two times to reach asterisk user first dial panasonic extn which is connect to asterisk fxo port when call received by asterisk than dial asterisk user extension.

i want to make single dial to reach asterisk users.

Rajeev.[/quote]

yes please read the post above yours i explained that to you already…
It all depends on your panasonic if you can pass the dial out digit to asterisk or not. Or if it will allow you to pass actual extensions down a line without the need of a dial out digit.
Example: YOu have extensions 100-199 in asterisk. In the panasonic maybe you can tell it when you dial 100-199, to pass that extensions over to the asterisk.

It all depends on your Panasonic capabilities…