Dial Plan Gurus -- please help!

Need to set up an extension (off my IVR) that takes the input of a dialed string then takes that string and sends it to an external sip server.

For example, caller will call in to my Asterisk IVR and after a prompt enter “8337#”. The call is then transferred to 8337@some_other_sip_address.com

I have tens of thousands of extensions so inputting each one would be prohibitive in the tradtional sense. I would be most grateful for your help.

I’m a novice, but I’ve seen documents and answers to similar questions. You have multiple choices about how to do this.

The most straight forward would be to use Read().

[mydialout-read] exten => s,1,NoOp(Someone will call, be prompted, and enter a number to call) exten => s,n,Read(NUMBER,vm-enter-num-to-call,15,,,10) exten => s,n,Dial(SIP/${NUMBER}@some_other_sip_address.com) exten => s,n,Hangup

Another is to use DISA()

[mydialout-disa]
exten => s,1,NoOp(Someone will call, be prompted, and enter a number to call)
exten => s,n,Playback(vm-enter-num-to-call)
exten => s,n,DISA(no-password,outgoing)

[outgoing]
exten =>_Z.,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@some_other_sip_address.com)

The second example won’t need a # to follow number; in fact, it takes more code to deal with trailing #.

[quote=“valley”]I’m a novice, but I’ve seen documents and answers to similar questions. You have multiple choices about how to do this.

The most straight forward would be to use Read().

[mydialout-read] exten => s,1,NoOp(Someone will call, be prompted, and enter a number to call) exten => s,n,Read(NUMBER,vm-enter-num-to-call,15,,,10) exten => s,n,Dial(SIP/${NUMBER}@some_other_sip_address.com) exten => s,n,Hangup

Another is to use DISA()

[mydialout-disa]
exten => s,1,NoOp(Someone will call, be prompted, and enter a number to call)
exten => s,n,Playback(vm-enter-num-to-call)
exten => s,n,DISA(no-password,outgoing)

[outgoing]
exten =>_Z.,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@some_other_sip_address.com)

The second example won’t need a # to follow number; in fact, it takes more code to deal with trailing #.[/quote]

Valley, you rock! What do I owe you? :wink: