Delay message after x seconds

Hi All, i was wondering if I can do with asterisk what i am going to explain here:

1- Call comes in and ring some extensions
2- Caller hears ringback tone
3- After some seconds ( for i. after 15 seconds ) i want to play a message while extensions are still ringing ( Caller now hears busy message )
4- Caller hear again ringback tone until someone picks up the call

Is this possible?

Thanks

Sounds like you want to use a queue.

No, queue while play msg stops extensions ringing. Is not my solution!

I want to keep extensions ringing and after X seconds play a msg that inform caller to stay on the line ( while extensions still ringing )…
I am reading on web that asterisk can’t do that ( freepbx.org/forum/freepbx/us … with-queue look at reply by mickecarlsson )

Is it true?

Thanks

I found something similar to my idea here ( itp-redial.com/class/weekly- … ic-on-hold )
He speaks about early media. Is preatty near to what i would like but in this case msg starts immediatly.
What I need is to play msg after X seconds of ringing extensions…

Any idea?

Probably you should create a hold music file such a way that it has some ringing for X seconds and then the announcement.

Check Option m of Dial application.

–Satish Barot
satish4asterisk@gmail.com

[quote=“satish4asterisk”]Probably you should create a hold music file such a way that it has some silence for X seconds and then the announcement.

Check Option m of Dial application.

–Satish Barot
satish4asterisk@gmail.com[/quote]

Thank you! Could be a cool workaround and i will keep in mind but, I would like to understand if what I need is possible or not with asterisk’s commands, options, etc…

Queues use eaarly media, if you don’t answer.

Queues won’t stop ringing for the message. They will only give the message for busy, in which case they will not attempt calls during the playing of the message.

The only way that I know round this is to record simulated ringing on an MOH file. If your upstream doesn’t support early media, you will have to answer the call to do this, which will typically mean the caller gets charged (generally sending comfort messages before the network is about to abandon the call is bad for PSTN callers).

[quote=“david55”]Queues use eaarly media, if you don’t answer.

Queues won’t stop ringing for the message. They will only give the message for busy, in which case they will not attempt calls during the playing of the message.

The only way that I know round this is to record simulated ringing on an MOH file. If your upstream doesn’t support early media, you will have to answer the call to do this, which will typically mean the caller gets charged (generally sending comfort messages before the network is about to abandon the call is bad for PSTN callers).[/quote]

Thanks David for your explanation. I just tested again queue, to be sure, and it’s behaviour is not what I am looking for.
So, at the end, to be sure, there is not a function/option on asterisk to accomplish my idea, right?

I don’t know of any, and I would expect such a function to be part of the queue application, however it is very difficult to give a negative reply with total certainty.

Ok, thank you all!!

Hi I googled a lot but seeams there is not a solution to my idea. Queue is what near to my idea but not the one!

If someone has some cool advise would be cool.
Thanks