DAHDI Raspberry PI - Centos 7 AltArch

Environment:

• Centos 7 (AltArch)
  • Kernel 4.14.101-v7.1.el7
  • DAHDI 2.11.1

I am trying to create an RPM of DAHDI on a Raspberry PI but without success, specifically the “kmod” compilation.

Executing(%build): /bin/sh -e /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.35ssDQ
+ umask 022
+ cd /root/rpmbuild/BUILD
+ cd dahdi-linux-2.11.1
+ make KVERS=4.14.101-v7.1.el7 KSRC=/usr/src/kernels/4.14.101-v7.1.el7 modules
make -C drivers/dahdi/firmware firmware-loaders
make[1]: Entering directory `/root/rpmbuild/BUILD/dahdi-linux-2.11.1/drivers/dahdi/firmware'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/rpmbuild/BUILD/dahdi-linux-2.11.1/drivers/dahdi/firmware'
make -C /usr/src/kernels/4.14.101-v7.1.el7 SUBDIRS=/root/rpmbuild/BUILD/dahdi-linux-2.11.1/drivers/dahdi DAHDI_INCLUDE=/root/rpmbuild/BUILD/dahdi-linux-2.11.1/include DAHDI_MODULES_EXTRA=" " HOTPLUG_FIRMWARE=yes modules DAHDI_BUILD_ALL=m
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/kernels/4.14.101-v7.1.el7'
/root/rpmbuild/BUILD/dahdi-linux-2.11.1/drivers/dahdi/Kbuild:129: CPU Architecture 'arm' does not support VPMADT032 or HPEC. Skipping.
  CC [M]  /root/rpmbuild/BUILD/dahdi-linux-2.11.1/drivers/dahdi/dahdi-base.o
/root/rpmbuild/BUILD/dahdi-linux-2.11.1/drivers/dahdi/dahdi-base.c: In function 'dahdi_ioctl_iomux':
/root/rpmbuild/BUILD/dahdi-linux-2.11.1/drivers/dahdi/dahdi-base.c:5954:3: error: implicit declaration of function 'signal_pending' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
   if (signal_pending(current)) {
   ^
cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
make[2]: *** [/root/rpmbuild/BUILD/dahdi-linux-2.11.1/drivers/dahdi/dahdi-base.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [_module_/root/rpmbuild/BUILD/dahdi-linux-2.11.1/drivers/dahdi] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/kernels/4.14.101-v7.1.el7'
make: *** [modules] Error 2
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.35ssDQ (%build)

RPM build errors:
    Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.35ssDQ (%build)
[root@localhost rpmbuild]#

Do you have any guide or advice to resolve this issue?

Why do you want to install Dahdi on a Raspberry PI, if you cant connect any analog or digital card who require the dahdi driver?

Do you need meetme?

by default, dahdi supports X86. You have to modify the code to support ARM Arch.

No, I don’t need the “meetme” app. I am asking because there are some raspberry PI devices that comes with DAHDI ports, like FXO, FXS, etc. That makes me wonder if there is any special version of DAHDI for Raspberry.

The forum policy here is to contact the vendor of the devices, although my suspicion would be that they are not “DAHDI Devices”.

1 Like

I am no using any devices with FXO or FXS, I am using just a raspberry machine with Centos 7. I just curious about it is possible or not to run DAHDI on these devices.

Then why are you attempting to use DAHDI?

Because I want to know if is possible to compile DAHDI for raspberry, if is possible, then, I can search for raspberry devices with DAHDI ports.

I imagine DAHDI is only usable with PCI or PCIe based devices.

1 Like

you can edit the makefile to disable the any dahdi PCI drivers, only left dahdi_dummy and have a try.

That still won’t help you access FXO modules, if, as I suspect, DAHDI only knows how to talk to them via PCI.

Incidentally, I think dahdi_dummy is not longer a distinct module, but part of the core code.

1 Like

I feel like you are going about things backwards,

Hardware developers are unlikely to build an telephony interface just based on DAHDI compiling on ARM.

You need to find your hardware and then see if there is compatible software or write the software yourself.

in some way there’s a ilogical response…

firt we need to find the software options, then meet what hardwares support it and then again take the correct software…

in fact it’s stupid choose first the hardware, due if i choose a hardware not supported for my dessired software …

about dahdy, seems in debian compiles of course not in “wintos 7” maybe the kernel are too newer for the sources …

some repositories are focused in specific flavors maybe one like this might help: https://github.com/anthcp/Dahdi-Arch-4.x-Linux-ARM-6and7-Allstar