DAHDI failing to generate config

Although I have built DAHDI 2.11.1 from source the tools still indicate 2.10.2 !!!

When I try to use
sudo dahdi_genconf -v
Default parameters from /etc/dahdi/genconf_parameters
Missing a channel number parameter

/etc/dahdi/genconf_parameters

lc_country fr
context_phones outgoing
echo_can hpec

It is not clear to me what channel number parameter this is referring to.

sudo ./dahdi_scan
[1]
active=yes
alarms=UNCONFIGURED
description=DAHDI_DUMMY/1 (source: HRtimer) 1
name=DAHDI_DUMMY/1
manufacturer=
devicetype=DAHDI Dummy Timing
location=
basechan=1
totchans=0
irq=0
type=analog
[2]
active=yes
alarms=OK
description=Wildcard TDM400P REV I Board 5
name=WCTDM/4
manufacturer=Digium
devicetype=Wildcard TDM400P REV I
location=PCI Bus 07 Slot 01
basechan=0
totchans=4
irq=0
type=analog
port=0,none
port=1,none
port=2,none
port=3,none

Any suggestions would be warmly welcomed.
Pete

I have reinstalled everything including Ubuntu 16.10, Dahdi 2.11.2 and Asterisk 14.2.1 on another machine and now Dahdi works correctly so I assume there must have been some problem with the upgrade from Ubuntu 14.04 to 16.04 on the other machine.

So that problem is solved.

1 Like

The problem is back. I am now on a machine using Ubuntu 18.04, Asterisk 16 and Dahdi 11.0.0
The documentation for Dahdi is pretty useless and the imbrication of genconf_parameters, dahdi-channels.conf, chan-dahdi.conf is far from clear.
Just to add to the complexity I use the HPEC echo canceller for which I have 5 licences installed.
I’m using a 4 port TDM400P with 3 interfaces installed for 1 PSTN line and 2 phones.
As prevoiusly stated the card works OK on another machine.
I have modified one of the perl scripts to get a better error message:
“Missing a channel number parameter in '0 WCDTM/4/0 Reserved’”
which adds the part in bold above.
I will contunue my investigations at least for a while and if it resolved I will report.
Pete

If you are having problems with legitimate Digium hardware, you should be getting support from Digium, not from the open source community. In general, DAHDI support should be sought from the hardware vendor.

You’re quite right, of course, and I’ll try but I’m not holding my breath!

Alas, Digium dropped all support for the TDM400 card in February of 2008.

That’s rather what I suspected but the card was working OK a lot more recently than that.
The problem appears to be in the Dahdi perl modules ability to recover the details about the card but I’ll take a closer look at that.
Thanks for the confirmation.

I ended up having to reinstall Asterisk and Dahdi on a fresh system which is a big drag because you have to install all the dependencies.
However the wctdm is NOT part of the Dahdi 3.0.0 build. It was available up to 2.11.1 and was secretly removed. OK I understand the previous entry which indicates that the TDM400P has been EOL for a long time. Anyway I modified kconfig and kbuild to build wctdm and now the board is recognised and works.
I still think that the Dahdi documentation is severely lacking since it has a lot of parameters but trial and error continues to be a way to move forward.

Do you have details of what you modified in the kconfig and kbuild files?
On the TDM400P bus…

Hi,
What enabled me to get this compiled was:
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1090482-start-0.html
so I take no credit apart from finding it!
I also note however that FreePBX 15 and 16 still include the use of this hardware since I have it running there too.
I assume you have the original wctdm.c file in some distribution.
Best of luck, Pete