D115P/D115E card configuration

Hi All,

I’m relatively new to asterisk and trying to configure my asterisk system to use a Openvox D115P/D115E card to make outgoing calls via my ISDN line.

I’ve managed to configure a pair of SIP phones for testing, however I can’t manage to get my system to dial out. I’m not really sure where to set everything. I’ve added into the dialplan what I think I want it to do when I dial 9 for an external line, however it just gives the following error;

== Using SIP RTP CoS mark 5
– Executing [9123@outgoing:1] Dial(“SIP/100-00000000”, “dahdi/g2/123”) in new stack
[May 9 14:48:15] WARNING[27187]: app_dial.c:1747 dial_exec_full: Unable to create channel of type ‘dahdi’ (cause 34 - Circuit/channel congestion)

Does anyone have any advice for me?

Many thanks.

This is a dahdi configuration problem, assuming that all the circuits aren’t simply busy. You haven’t provide your dahdi configuration or reports from the CLI on the actual current dahdi state.

Hi David, What would you need to see? I can post my dahdi-channels.conf/extensions.conf/anything else you need

If it requires a command in the asterisk shell to get a report I can do that but you may need to guide me a little, I know some parts, but as I say am quite new to all this.

Thanks,

chan_dahdi.conf.

I’m not a dahdi user, but looking at CLI: help dahdi:

dahdi show channels

and/or

dahdi show status

This is from dahdi show status;

D115P/D115E (PCI/PCI-E) Card 0 Span 1 YEL 0 0 0 CCS HDB3 CRC4 0 db (CSU)/0-133 feet (DSX-1)

Dahdi-channels.conf

group=0,11
context=from-pstn
switchtype = euroisdn
signalling = pri_cpe
channel => 1-15,17-31
context = default
group = 63

Any thing else needed? just let me know

You don’t appear to have a group 2 (and your group 63 is empty).

Should I have a group 2 specified then?

dahdi/[color=#FF0000]g2[/color]/123

Oh, sorry i missed that.I’ve tried setting it to group 0 but still seem to get the same problem

Hi again,

I’ve gone through the configuration again and again and still making little progress unfortunately.

Whenever I plug the D115P card into the ISDN line, i seem to be getting a yellow alarm on the connection. I’ve plugged testing equipment into the line and even checked with the service provider that all is OK with the line, and I’m assured that it is indeed all fine.

So I’m sure there is something in the configuration that I have missed out. I’m trying to hook up to a UK BT E1 ISDN line using the aformentioned card.

If anyone can point me in the right location to look at configuration/settings I’d greatly appreciate it.

Many thanks,