Customize installation of asterisk

Hi All,

I want to know how to do customize installation of asterisk in centos.
because as with default installation everything is scattered.

eg:- for log it is situated in var/log/
for asterisk configuration file it is located in /etc/asterisk/

I want to do customization which means i would be allow to install asterisk to the location that i want .

Is this possible.

To acchieve that, you need to run the configure script with some switches. For example:

./configure --prefix=/path/to/folder/with/bin_files --sysconfdir=/path/to/folder/with/conf_files --localstatedir=/path/to/folder/with/log_files

So you take your typical compiling scenario and replace running ./configure with running ./configure with additional switches.

The scattered configuration is an attempt to follow the Linux File System Standard, which attempts to do things like separate read/write and read-only data, separate processor dependent from processor independent stuff, and separate machine specific stuff from site wide stuff.

I’m not sure how much this is done on Linux, but the de facto standard for grouping everything is to add /opt// in front of all the directories (and remove any "local"s.

Although it might not look neat to you, the current layout should be helpful to seasoned Linux system administrators.