Converting 7960 SCCP->SIP problem

Hello,

I have tried to push 7960 to get SIP firmware, but without results.
I did everything I found on webpages at Cisco, asterisk related, voip-wiki etc.
Phone still tries to found files that are normally used for SCCP.
When realize there are no proper files, waits and after a few seconds tries again.

All needed files are on tftp server.

Any ideas, experience with such or similar problem?

I recently used “the wiki” instructions, along with Cisco’s, to update my 7960s from SCCP to SIP. I had no problem whatsoever. I did notice that when my 7960s boot, they still look for SCCP related config files on the TFTP server. The phones also look for ring files and the directory which I do not use. The 7960s work perfectly even though they do not find the files since they are not necessary for the phone to work.

Logs from my TFTP server is below:

[quote]
2006-02-08 11:33 :TFTP Error from 10.55.10.70 requesting CTLSEP0008E3D667CC.tlv : File does not exist
2006-02-08 11:33 :TFTP Error from 10.55.10.70 requesting SEP0008E3D667CC.cnf.xml : File does not exist
2006-02-08 11:33 :TFTP Error from 10.55.10.70 requesting XMLDefault.cnf.xml : File does not exist
2006-02-08 11:33 :TFTP Error from 10.55.10.70 requesting SEP0008E3D667CC.cnf.xml : File does not exist
2006-02-08 11:33 :TFTP Error from 10.55.10.70 requesting RINGLIST.XML : File does not exist
2006-02-08 11:33 :TFTP Error from 10.55.10.70 requesting DISTINCTIVERINGLIST.XML : File does not exist[/quote]

If you haven’t already, unlock the phone, then go into Network Config and select “Erase Configuration” This will allow you to set up the phone for your needs fresh, and hopefully it will forget all automatically configured SCCP rubbish that they use to test the phones in the factory.

d

Thanks for all replies. Finally telephone works fine.

I am having a similar problem with a Cisco 7960.

I set the phone’s network configuration to use an alternate tftp server address.

The tftp server logs reflect that the phone requests and gets the OS79XX.txt file and the SEP0007EB0642D8.cnf file, then the phone says “Call Manager Name DNS Error”.

I have already tried both the “Erase Configuration” button, as well as the “Restore to Factory Default”.

Also, I notice that most of the documentation lists the phone-specific .cnf file as beginning with SIP, although my phone requests SEP. I have renamed the file to SEP and it pulls it alright; when it was SIP, I got a “file not found error” on my TFTP server.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Todd

If you tried soft reset it doesn’t work. Phone has to be hard reset=rebooted by unplugging the power cable.
It sounds simple but was so to realize so fast for me. After that phone downloaded proper firmware.
If you will have still problems let me know your email on private message I will send you my tftp files as example.

The hard reset didn’t fix the probloem either.

I saw in an old thread that there is a particular procedure for upgrading an old SCCP firmware. I currently have firmware as follows:

AppLoadID PC003AM30
BootLoadID PC03A00

According to the Cisco website, I should be able to upgrade directly to the 8.2 SIP version…

My email address is toddedwards@[nospam]pdq.net. Thanks for your help!

Todd