Connect to Datebase?

Can someone tell me how can I connect to Database expect using ODBC?
Because someone tell me ODBC is not good at security!

Thanks for help!!

hi
plz try with mysql that will help you better than this
search on voip-info.org wher number of example is there just like asterisk real time
as per my experiance you have to congiure cdr_mysql.conf,extconfig.conf&res_mysql.conf
mysql connect databse is easy so try this. all this u can get on voip-info.org

[quote=“amit”]hi
plz try with mysql that will help you better than this
search on voip-info.org wher number of example is there just like asterisk real time
as per my experiance you have to congiure cdr_mysql.conf,extconfig.conf&res_mysql.conf
mysql connect databse is easy so try this. all this u can get on voip-info.org[/quote]

I can use odbc connect asterisk and mysql. I want to ask is can i use another method to connect database without using ODBC.

Thanks!!

You can connect to MySQL database with MYSQL application, which comes with addons. This allows to connect, query, update, insert, get records etc from/to MySQL database from dialplan without ODBC. You can find more info on this by following this link -> voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+MYSQL and by tipying ‘show application mysql’ after installing it.

I am successfully using this application in my dialplans.

For CDR purposes, you can also use direct connection to mysql server. More infor -> voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cdr+MYSQL

For realtime purposes, again, mysql is supported -> voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+RealTime

All those are included in addons package.

If you need to connect database other than MySQL, please specify, what database. If you have other questions, please ask specificly.