Configuring voicemail email template

Good evening, this is a silly question but I figured I would ask it anyway. I am an extremely new user and I have an Asterisk server installed and everything appears to be working great. I am running Asterisk 18.4.0. I have calls routing and my Grandstream and even older Linksys ATA’s are registering and working great. The only thing I can’t figure out is how to configure the voicemail email template to have graphics embedded in it. As it stands right now I can change the wording the end user gets but it is very generic and dull looking. I have done this by editing the file /etc/asterisk/voicemail.conf .

I would ideally like them to see something a little more aesthetically pleasing. As it stands right now the voicemail contains the following text with no graphics in it. It has the .wav file attached so the recipient can listen to the message. That all works well, I was just wondering if there was a way to put some type of border graphics into the email or possibly make it look a little nicer. Would also be nice if I could figure out how to make the phone number a clickable link so you could make a call by simply clicking on the phone number in the email. I appreciate any help that anyone could give and if you need anything from me please let me know.

Example of what is currently being sent to users:

Dear XXXX:

We wanted to let you know you were just left a 0:04 long voice message
from “XXXXXXX” <15554443333>, on Wednesday, June 01, 2022 at 08:54:16 PM,
Please find the voice message attached below.

Thank you and have a great day!

I don’t think you intended to say ascetic; it has almost the opposite meaning to what I think you intended!

You can replace mailcmd by your own executable (can be a script), which sets appropriate character set parameters and adds ornamental characters, or even changes the encoding to text/html, before calling the standard mail submission program.

1 Like

You are right David thank you I fixed it. I will look into changing the mailcmd function. Thank you for the help it is really appreciated.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.