Config trunks in file

Hi.

I need to add a new trunk to an asterisk server and use it to make calls but I cant edit the configurations in freepbx gui.

What files I have to edit to create a new trunk and use this trunk to make the calls? I assume there is some custom file.

Can someone help me?

Thanks

The people on community.feepbx.org/

Hello- this file ->

/etc/asterisk/sip_custom.conf

and setting should be like :

[trunk-name]
disallow=all
allow=g729
allow=alaw
allow=ulaw
context=from-pstn
dtmfmode=rfc2833
host=xx.xx.xx.xx
type=friend
insecure=port,invite
qualify=no
nat=yes

(use your own settings :smile:

Is there something about FreePBX that requires type=friend (can cause security problems and general mis-operation; it is very unusual for an ITSP to send the user value in the from header, normally they send caller ID), insecure=port (often unnecessary insecurity), allow=g729 (most people haven’t bought the G.729 codec), qualify=no (some ITSPs may respond to OPTIONS, in which case yes is desirable), and nat=yes (a blunderbuss approach that is often inappropriate and is now deprecated, in favour of the individual sub-options).

[quote=“batchen”]Hello- this file ->

/etc/asterisk/sip_custom.conf[/quote]

With this I config new trunks correct?

But I have to configure routes to use that trunk or else route continues to use previous trunk or I’m wrong?
There is a file to do that?

This is the wrong place to ask about how to directly manipulate FreePBX files. You want community.freepbx.org/

On plain Asterisk, you would use extensions.conf. There may be ways of doing it with the custom version of that on FreePBX, but any customisations need to be written within the constraints of FreePBX.