Conference a call WITHOUT hardware/pci cards

I hadn’t seen it mentioned in any of the previous responses, so I thought I’d make a note of it.

If it isn’t in package management for your system, then I suppose it really doesn’t meet your requirements.

[quote=“random”]I hadn’t seen it mentioned in any of the previous responses, so I thought I’d make a note of it.

If it isn’t in package management for your system, then I suppose it really doesn’t meet your requirements.[/quote]

It is in my package manager ( forums.digium.com/viewtopic.php?p=137815 ) which is why this is driving me insane.

I was pointing out the appconference module, which is an addon module that does the same thing as MeetMe without the timing requirement. If Fedora doesn’t have that module then I’m afraid it wouldn’t be much use to you.

I addressed a couple of points that might help with the Dahdi modules in the other thread, but you’ve probably seen that already.

Well, evidently, there is no way to conference without compiling, at this time. Despite the fact that there are several RPMs for dahdi-related stuff, none of them have kernel-modules. I compiled the modules, and all is freakin peachy. So that means that i will have to recompile each time my kernel is updated. Oh well, i will live…

Thanx all for your help.

Ok, it works great for me, calling in from local sip to local asterisk. Others can call me, but they could not call into the conference room like i can, using the same number? Any clues?