I found Asterisk’s capacity, performance related lots of articles, blogs, questions etc.
My thinking about concurrent call is as below:-
- more than thousand sip extension registered & ready to accept call.
- At time t1, all get incoming call or dial outgoing call.
- At time t2, all started to talking with other party.
- If we look in asterisk at t3, we can see more than thousand calls running at same time.
I find out:-
- For Maximum capacity usage we have to use high end computers/servers/hardwares. Asterisk’s Capacity/performance is depend on it.
- For Maximum capacity usage we have to use very accurate, complex configuration.
But I cant find out anywhere written from Asterisk people:-
- Asterisk 13 or 14 support maximum concurrent calls up-to x value in xyz standard hardware (LAB test etc).
- Asterisk 13 or 14 support up-to X maxload, after it will crash in xyz standard hardware (LAB test etc).
I cant find out anywhere:-
- Yes, I am xyz, & I use Asterisk XX.XX.XX version & it support x value concurrent calls.
I need to know:-
- Asterisk support thousands concurrent calls at time t1. (Using necessary best hardware)
- If we compare performance/capacity Asterisk along with Freeswitch or kamailio or something other, then as per my study Asterisk will win the race? At least Asterisk not loss the battle!