I will be soon deploying a complete Aterisk PBX system with all brand new SIP phones for a nursing home facility. I’ve been looking for a commercial grade, wide coverage, cordless phones that I can integrate with Asterisk. I would of course prefer SIP capable phones for this procedure, but I am not limited to that.
- We need 10-15 cordless phones.
- The facility is one floor, and around 80,000 sq feet. It is an older building (70’s).
I just need some suggestion/advice from the experts and people who have attempted this previously:
- I’ve been looking at the Aastra 480i CT IP SIP Phone Basestation w/ Wireless Handsets. The limitations here are 4 handsets per basestation and I am not sure about the coverage of this system. I would be willing to get 2-3 basestations and 10-12 handsets I just feel like this is not quite the proper way to do it.
You can find it at: voipsupply.com/product_info. … ts_id=1007
- I was thinking about 802.11b SIP phones. Of course they look great on paper, but then you have the problem with the spotty access points. I would really appreciate any suggestions on access points you may have. Should I go for MIMOs, even thou the terminals are merely 802.11b compliant. Any high gain access points / range extenders duos you recommend?
- And of course I am open to any other suggestions you may have on the subject. Perhaps an all-in-one kit analog cordless system, with range extenders that can be integrated with Asterisk (each cordless terminal has needs its own extension).
Alex / lojikop