Chanspy() config

hi all, please anyone help me, how to configure the chanspy application in asterisk 1.4 .0 beta version.
i need two functionalities.

1. using whisper mode i want to speak one of the 2 parties of the bridged call.
  2. and only listening on the these two parties.

i’m struggle with this configuration, please answer how can i configure it.

regards,
thi

you need to start getting familiar with the CLI interface :

not sure if it could be any clearer.

hi ,i’m famillier with chanspy() but i dont know how configure the new future whisper mode… thay is ‘w’ and ‘W’ options…

please answear me
regards,
thi

how is it not clear … one (w) is to be able to speak to the channel you’re spying on, the other (W) is to be able to talk to the spied on channel, but not listen.

hi,could it possible

1. need to listen only on the bridged calls
  2. need to talk only one of two parities of the brodged calll but other won’t hear my voice.

regards,
thi

please reply

i don’t want to appear rude, but have you even looked at the help that is widely available for this application ? “CLI> show application ChanSpy” gives you the information you are looking for. and if you haven’t installed 1.4 yet, then the source for app_chanspy has the same information in :

static const char *tdesc = "Listen to a channel, and optionally whisper into it"; static const char *app_chan = "ChanSpy"; static const char *desc_chan = " ChanSpy([chanprefix][|options]): This application is used to listen to the\n" "audio from an Asterisk channel. This includes the audio coming in and\n" "out of the channel being spied on. If the 'chanprefix' parameter is specified,\n" "only channels beginning with this string will be spied upon.\n" " While spying, the following actions may be performed:\n" " - Dialing # cycles the volume level.\n" " - Dialing * will stop spying and look for another channel to spy on.\n" " - Dialing a series of digits followed by # builds a channel name to append\n" " to 'chanprefix'. For example, executing ChanSpy(Agent) and then dialing\n" " the digits '1234#' while spying will begin spying on the channel\n" " 'Agent/1234'.\n" " Options:\n" " b - Only spy on channels involved in a bridged call.\n" " g(grp) - Match only channels where their ${SPYGROUP} variable is set to\n" " contain 'grp' in an optional : delimited list.\n" " q - Don't play a beep when beginning to spy on a channel, or speak the\n" " selected channel name.\n" " r[(basename)] - Record the session to the monitor spool directory. An\n" " optional base for the filename may be specified. The\n" " default is 'chanspy'.\n" " v([value]) - Adjust the initial volume in the range from -4 to 4. A\n" " negative value refers to a quieter setting.\n" " w - Enable 'whisper' mode, so the spying channel can talk to\n" " the spied-on channel.\n" " W - Enable 'private whisper' mode, so the spying channel can\n" " talk to the spied-on channel but cannot listen to that\n" " channel.\n"

so yes, you can choose to only listen, or you can choose to be able to talk to one party in the call.

hi , thanks for your reply.
now i’m in configure stage of application chanspy.
how could i configure in extensions.config to achive and test the above menstioned effectively.

rehards,
thi

ok, now i’m worried !

here’s my SIP chanspy extension :exten => *82,1,NoOp(User requesting SIP ChanSpy) exten => *82,2,Answer exten => *82,3,Wait(1) exten => *82,4,ChanSpy(SIP/,q) exten => *82,5,Macro(hangupcall)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:23 am Post subject: chanspy (core dumped) Reply with quote
hi,
when i dial 6008 ,it is connected ,but i can’t able to hear the voice of the any one.
when coversation between the 6002 to 6006.
in my Console mode i got the following comment

*CLI> – Executing [6006@from-sip:1] Dial(“SIP/6002-08590248”, “SIP/6006|15|tr”) in new stack
– Called 6006
– SIP/6006-08594188 is ringing
– SIP/6006-08594188 answered SIP/6002-08590248
– Executing [6008@from-sip:1] ChanSpy(“SIP/6004-08589040”, “SIP/6006|wq”) in new stack
== Spying on channel SIP/6006-08594188
[Nov 11 15:19:37] NOTICE[8974]: app_chanspy.c:202 start_spying: Attaching SIP/6004-08589040 to SIP/6006-08594188
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
linux:~ #

please reply reg . this issue.

Regards,
Thiru