CDR Report shows "s" in the destination field


I have had issue on my ivr platform for quite sometime now, when somebody calls in to ivr system, the cdr report destination field shows an ‘s’ in place of the called number. Could any one have experienced this before…any solutions or work around?


Is your service provider forwarding the number?

If so, the issue depends on details of your dialplan, which we cannot guess. If not, you need to get a proper DID line.

hi david,

thanks for your help.
yes my isp is forwarding the number. Plus am using an E1 fibre line. All i have set is an inbound route that routes the call to the ivr menu on the pbx.
Let me be more clear, i have a number of DID ranges on my pbx so i have different inbound routes to the different ivr menu’s and clients that i do have.
So the problem is coming when i’m trying to track which client called which ivr platform.
When anybody calls in to listen to the ivr menu in the report in place of showing the destination ivr number called, its shows the s
Like this below
Source Destination SrcChannel
759132725 s DAHDI/3-1


Please provide your dialplan. The s is appearing because the CDR is output when you are running an s extension in the Dialplan as a result of:

  • Goto
  • Gosub
  • an incoming call with no forwarded digits.

Hi David,

Am not good at asterisk but i have searched through my asterisk directory and i see these file:
Its the one i see with a inbound ivr dial plan:
exten => 800000031,1,Set(__FROM_DID=${EXTEN})
exten => 800000031,n,Gosub(app-blacklist-check,s,1)
exten => 800000031,n,ExecIf($[ “${CALLERID(name)}” = “” ] ?Set(CALLERID(name)=${CALLERID(num)}))
exten => 800000031,n,Set(__CALLINGPRES_SV=${CALLERPRES()})
exten => 800000031,n,Set(CALLERPRES()=allowed_not_screened)
exten => 800000031,n(dest-ext),Goto(ivr-3,s,1)

Please advise.

Contact the support forum for the GUI that you are using. The behaviour you are seeing is almost certainly due to the way that GUI is coded. Note the “AsteriskNow FreePBX” forum on this board does not provide support for the FreePBX GUI itself, you will need to go to for that, if it is the FreePBX GUI.

However, I think this line could be the source of your problems:

exten => 800000031,n(dest-ext),Goto(ivr-3,s,1)

but you can’t change it without also changing ivr-3, and I suspect that is generated by the GUI, and therefore not changeable.

It would be unusual for a file called “extensions_additional.conf” to exist if you had written the whole dialplan.

Thanks David for all your help i think am a step closer to solving the issue.



I experienced same issue while analyzing the CDR. But i have figured out the cause of “s” in destination column. Usually the Call Flow from entering the trunk till received by destination involves IVRs, Announcements, Queues, Call Groups and so on. In my case incoming call is welcomed by a “welcome IVR” before it enters the Queue. When a caller hangs up the phone while in IVR (before entering the Queue), CDR shows “s” as destination. If the call enters the Queue it shows Queue No “XXX” in destination. So i am using this “s” to bifurcate “Calls hanged up by Caller before entering Queue” and “Calls hanged up by Caller while in Queue”.
I think this “s” is perfectly normal rather blessing, no need to worry.

1 Like