Cd /var/log/asterisk

hello all :smile:

iā€™m new to asterisk and i was told by my superior that in-order to find the numbers being called specially if the lines are ā€œscratchyā€ ā€¦ i should look it under:

cd /var/log/asterisk

i would like to ask inquire or ask our Moderator(s), as well, to all the valuable guest to give ideas or inputs.

i mean what command will i issued after i have reach the said directory?

likewise, what is this command all about:

tail -10000 full1 | grep 6314271713

hoping i can be enlighten.

cheers!

:laughing:

its been so long :bulb:

up .

up ā€¦ up

up ā€¦ up ā€¦ up

ā€¦

up 4x

try ā€œman tailā€ in linux console which will show what tail command is capable of.

I have always thought this post was a joke, but just in case tdk is serious

amazon.co.uk/Linux-Nutshell- ā€¦ 721&sr=1-1

and

cyberciti.biz/tips/download- ā€¦ -book.html

and

info.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Teaching/Unix/

Ian

I didnt bother to respond since the initial post was in 2008. If your still waiting on an answer after nearly 2 years, then you arenā€™t trying to find out the solution yourself.

hello all and most especially to u, mazzic ā€¦

yeah, your right that its been awhile and nearly 2-years since i initially post this thread.

itā€™s just that between those years, many ā€˜unfortunateā€™ things have happened in my career. when i started the thread, i was new to linux unix and much more to asterisk. i was an IT Staff then that didnā€™t have background in such language.

then when i was about to explore the field, i got into another job which doesnā€™t require me to used any skills about linux, as well, asterisk. i dunno if itā€™s sound an excuse but i didnā€™t pursue to know more about the topic because it doesnā€™t have any application to my endeavor then.

however, as the saying goes " ā€¦ time is the only things on this universe that constantly changing ā€¦ ", and i guess itā€™s true.

iā€™m back again into IT which requires me to learned asterisk. perhaps itā€™s okay again to make a follow-up. besides, i didnā€™t abandoned such thread considering that it now tickles my interest.

well, i hope that my explanation is acceptable though iā€™m not forcing anybody anyone to believe me. in fact, how i wish i have continued being an IT Staff 2-years ago for i maybe skillful enough now to also share my expertise.

any way, iā€™m thankful to those who have persevered to lend their expertise. i really owe u all big ā€¦ big time.

cheers!

hello tdk,

donā€™t hesitate to ask questions. not everyone can experience everything so others may have knowledge easily available. Yet at the same time, you have to expect that people are generally going to expect those asking to make an effort to answer their own questions.

The questions that you had should be easily answered by doing a man tail and a man grep.

But just for the heck of itā€¦

Says to output the last 10,000 lines of the file named full1. (default is last 10 lines)

says to look for the line containing that string on it.

So at the time that you were asked to do this, they wanted you to find the log lines which contained that phone number and was expecting it to be within the last 10000 log lines of the /var/log/asterisk/full1

[size=85][quote=ā€œmazzicā€]hello tdk,

donā€™t hesitate to ask questions. not everyone can experience everything so others may have knowledge easily available. Yet at the same time, you have to expect that people are generally going to expect those asking to make an effort to answer their own questions.

The questions that you had should be easily answered by doing a man tail and a man grep.

But just for the heck of itā€¦

Says to output the last 10,000 lines of the file named full1. (default is last 10 lines)

says to look for the line containing that string on it.

So at the time that you were asked to do this, they wanted you to find the log lines which contained that phone number and was expecting it to be within the last 10000 log lines of the /var/log/asterisk/full1[/quote][/size]

i see ā€¦ these is really fantastic. and thanks really [size=85]mazzic[/size] for the right and good guidance. its truly a valuable input.

by the way, i have now transferred to another company from the time i posted it way back 2-years ago. as of now, i donā€™t have yet the ā€˜administrator rights or privilegesā€™. but does it mean that all the recordings are in the said directory cd /var/log/asterisk ā€¦ i mean is it by default, after the installation process, is all the log files of numbers are stored in the said path?

or it is usually reconfigured or can also be change or transfer to another location??