Capturing GTalk CID?

I need to craft a dial-plan string to direct any GTalk incoming calls to certain extensions based on the CID. I used the following scripts and it didn’t seem to work:

So, is there a way to capture the CID from an GTalk incoming call and how?

try this

exten => s,n,Set(IN_CID=${CALLERID(name)})
exten => s,n+1,Set(IN_CID=${CUT(IN_CID,/,1)}) ; will keep @domain
; exten => s,n+1,Set(IN_CID=${CUT(IN_CID,@,1)}) ; will give username w/o @domain

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your response and it works. I made some changes and do it in one line as follows:

This will cut by the @ sign.

Mazilo,
do you have any problems with GTalk CallerID delivery to your SIP phones?

Can you see the google username on incoming and/or missed calls on you SIP-phone or on the analog phone attached to ATA?

Thanks

I am still buffled with incoming calls to any of my GTalk lines on my asterisk-1.4.18.1 running on a Fonera WiFi router. Some with no audio connections and others with no problems with audio connections in both ways. Anyway, I just called myself from one GTalk to my other GTalk terminated on my Uniden UIP1869V IP Phone / Router (no problem with audio connections) and it showed a full CID from gtalk, something like this friend@gmail.comTF92843 Unknown Number. Does yours show something like this too?

BTW, has anyone configured jabber on their asterisk to register more than one gmail account? I have about three gmail accounts configured on my asterisk through jabber and they seem to work. However, I found there is a problem with jabber or my configuration. Whenever I tried to call other gmail users (be it internal or external), the call always starts from the last or the next last registered gmail line by jabber. For instance, I have z@gmail.com registered in this particular order to gtalk with jabber and the jabber show connected dump is shown as follows:

[code]Fonerisk*CLI> jabber show connected
Jabber Users and their status:
User: x@gmail.com/Talk - Connected
User: y@gmail.com/Talk - Connected
User: z@gmail.com/Talk - Connected

Number of users: 3
Fonerisk*CLI>[/code]
If I initiated a call from x@gmail.com line and refuse to receive the calls.

[quote=“mazilo”]
I am still buffled with incoming calls to any of my GTalk lines on my asterisk-1.4.18.1 running on a Fonera WiFi router. Some with no audio connections and others with no problems with audio connections in both ways. [/quote]

it seems that RTP ports should be forwarded. I do not have any ports forwarded on my WRT54G/tomato router for SIP, but when I tested GTalk I had to forward the ports. It’s also mentioned in a different guides that it’s required to configure both bindaddr and externip in gtalk.conf
I will spent some time later on this to see why it doesn’t work without port forwarding like with SIP.

[quote]
Anyway, I just called myself from one GTalk to my other GTalk terminated on my Uniden UIP1869V IP Phone / Router (no problem with audio connections) and it showed a full CID from gtalk, something like this friend@gmail.comTF92843 Unknown Number. Does yours show something like this too? [/quote]

Don’t have the working setup at the moment, but when I tested with Nokia E60 I saw:
On incoming call: Call from name@google.com (that’s good)
In the missed calls: asterisk@hostname

Will have to investigate this deeper.

Thanks!

[quote=“AndrewZ”]it seems that RTP ports should be forwarded. I do not have any ports forwarded on my WRT54G/tomato router for SIP, but when I tested GTalk I had to forward the ports. It’s also mentioned in a different guides that it’s required to configure both bindaddr and externip in gtalk.conf
I will spent some time later on this to see why it doesn’t work without port forwarding like with SIP.[/quote]
I don’t do any RTP port forwarding. I have both bindaddr and externhost (don’t like to use externip) configured in gtalk.conf file.

Where do you see the missed calls, i.e. on the phone unit? If so, mine shows the complete @gmail.com Unknown Number.