Cant load monitor Apps

asterisk -x ‘module load app_mixmonitor.so’

Unable to load module app_mixmonitor.so
Command ‘module load app_mixmonitor.so’ failed.

asterisk -x ‘module load res_monitor.so’

Unable to load module res_monitor.so
Command ‘module load res_monitor.so’ failed.

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 426360 May 1 12:05 /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/app_mixmonitor.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 344776 May 1 12:05 /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/res_monitor.so

Any ideas?

Does it exist? Was it built against the current version of Asterisk? I don’t think it has a configuration file, so I don’t think it is missing or broken configuration.

They seem to exist:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 426360 May 1 12:05 /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/app_mixmonitor.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 344776 May 1 12:05 /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/res_monitor.so

Asterisk 18.3.0

Trying confbridge record:

[May 1 16:15:21] WARNING[215256]: app_confbridge.c:832 conf_start_record: Cannot record ConfBridge, MixMonitor app is not installed

# asterisk -x 'module show' | grep moni
app_mixmonitor.so              Mixed Audio Monitoring Application       0          Not Running          core
res_monitor.so                 Call Monitoring Resource                 0          Not Running    deprecated

don’t know why this isn’t running.

I got rid of the deprecated one and now I only have two that wont load (still mixmonitor)

# asterisk -x 'module show' | grep Not
app_mixmonitor.so              Mixed Audio Monitoring Application       0          Not Running          core
func_periodic_hook.so          Periodic dialplan hooks.                 0          Not Running          core

I’ve never seen Asterisk not loading modules that don’t need a config file. I would suggest you go back to the install process, redo the “make menuconfig” and be sure everything you need is selected, takes 5 minutes counting compile time.

and modules.conf can always help you make sure the module is loaded

I already went back through make menuconfig to make sure those options were selected and recompiled.

Just did another complete from scratch recompile. same results. mixmonitor will not load.

Hmmmm

[May  1 20:13:53] ERROR[534543]: loader.c:281 module_load_error: app_mixmonitor has one or more unknown dependencies.
[May  1 20:13:53] ERROR[534543]: loader.c:281 module_load_error: app_mixmonitor loaded before dependency func_periodic_hook!

After figuring out ordering the issue is now solved.
I was loading each module I wanted but instead switched to this

[modules]
autoload=yes
noload => chan_iax2.so
noload => cdr_csv.so
noload => cdr_sqlite3_custom.so
noload => cel_sqlite3_custom.so
noload => res_hep_pjsip.so
noload => res_hep_rtcp.so
noload => res_pjsip_exten_state.so
noload => res_pjsip_transport_websocket.so

did you run the ./contrib/scripts/install_prereq install ?

can you reproduce on a freshly installed vm ?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.